Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmorebirds

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2017
A couple years ago, I downloaded a file locker app that I used to store important information on my phone. The app has since been removed from the App Store, and being my stupid self I kept procrastinating finding a new app to use despite the warnings that this app would not work with iOS 11. My phone updated to iOS 11 and as I should have expected, the app no longer works and I cannot open it and access my data at all. I attempted to revert my iPhone back to iOS 10.3.3, and used a backup that I have saved on my computer that I know contains most of the information I lost, but when my iPhone attempted to redownload all of the apps from the backup, the app I need disappears. Does anyone have any suggestions either on how to access this app in iOS 11, or keep the app from deleting when I try to revert my phone to the backup?

Sharkoneau

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2017
Michigan
@bmorebirds If you successfully revert, try looking into your Purchases tab within the iOS App Store. It should still remain there, I believe. However, if you're on iOS 11 then it appears you would be out of luck.

I'm not sure how the app works or if it retained your data though. If it's a cloud-based system accessed via login, then there's a good chance your information is still safe. But like you said, 10.3.3 is necessary; do that quickly too. It's always easy to upgrade, but not to downgrade (due to Apple software signing windows).

DailySlow

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2015
NOVA
A good practice with cloud tools - like password wallets and contact lists, etc. is to export as a csv from time to time. Dunno if that's what you had stashed but worth a try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.