Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

With millions of devices shipping out to customers with every Apple launch, there's occasionally someone who gets lucky and gets a new product ahead of schedule. This time around, Redditor playalisticadillac received an Apple Watch Ultra from AT&T two days before the official debut, sharing some images on the social media site.

apple-watch-ultra-reddit-1.jpg

The images include an unboxing and comparisons to the prior-generation 45mm Apple Watch, and while we've seen the device in reviews, it's always nice to hear from an actual consumer. Answering questions on Reddit, playalisticadillac says that the watch is not as large as expected on a smaller wrist, and that it pairs well with the Milanese Loop band.

apple-watch-ultra-reddit-2.jpg

There's not much else to be gleaned from the device's early arrival, but additional information about the Apple Watch Ultra can be found in the media reviews that went live this morning.

The Apple Watch Ultra is set to launch on Friday, September 23. At 49mm, it is the largest Apple Watch that Apple has released to date, and it is the first Apple Watch to feature notable design changes. Created for explorers and adventurers, it has a more rugged build that is better able to hold up to extreme conditions, water sports, and other activities.

Article Link: Lucky Customer Gets New Apple Watch Ultra Two Days Early

msackey

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2020
Answering questions on Reddit, playalisticadillac says that the watch is not as large as expected on a smaller wrist, and that it pairs well with the Milanese Loop band.

Pairs well with the Milanese Loop? What next? Wearing the "Ultra" with a thin gold chain while "toughing" it out in the wilderness? This reminds me of those luxury SUVs: a combination of high class desie wrapped in pretend toughness. That's the kind of SUV that will never see mud and if any mud is on the body of the vehicle, the owner will burst into tears.

LOL.

enricoclaudio

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2017
I wish I could be here Friday but unfortunately I had to reroute mine to the UPS Store for pickup on Sat after I'm back in Houston from a short trip to Mexico City tomorrow afternoon. I'll be flying back to Houston Sat at 7:30 am and going directly from the airport to the UPS Store to pickup my AW Ultra ;) Maybe a pit stop at the Apple Store to get an extra band if they become available :)

Chrjy

macrumors 65816
May 19, 2010
UK
Jeez....each to their own and all that but that is one ugly watch. I have never been enamoured with the original AW even though I have one. I think Apple could do WAAAY better and create a piece that matches their other awesome product designs. The AW always felt like an outlier to me...especially those with small wrists.

For those that do like and receive their AW in the next couple of days....enjoy people. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I hope you love it.

Last edited:

coolbreeze2

macrumors 65816
Sep 24, 2009
Jeez....each to their own and all that but that is one ugly watch. I have never been enamoured with the original AW even though I have one. I think Apple could do WAAAY better and create a piece that matches their other awesome product designs. The AW always felt like an outlier to me.

For those that do like and receive their AW in the next couple of days....enjoy people. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I hope you love it.
I bet you think J-Lo is ugly too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.