Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thanujachamika

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2021
I brought my M1 MacBook pro in 2021 January. I faced this screen issue on 27th May, 4th June and 8th July this year. At that time I tried to run Apple Diagnostics and my screen froze at '1 minute remaining' screen. After that, till today (16th September) I didn't face that issue again. Now I tried running Apple Diagnostics and it was successful and it says no issues found. Should I claim my warranty or is there any suggestion?

IMG_6965_Original.jpg
IMG_6962_Original.jpg
IMG_6961_Original.jpg
IMG_6965_Original.jpg

posguy99

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2004
You have a warranty, and you don't think you should exercise it? This seems to be a very common idea lately.

thanujachamika

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2021
Diagnostics won’t detect a display issue. Definitely get this looked at by Apple.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I also think. When I ask about this from apple reseller who I bought my laptop, what they said is they will diagnosis it and if they found an issue they will send the laptop to Singapore apple store.

thanujachamika

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2021
You have a warranty, and you don't think you should exercise it? This seems to be a very common idea lately.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I also think. When I ask about this from apple reseller who I bought my laptop, what they said is they will diagnosis it and if they found an issue they will send the laptop to Singapore apple store. I am thinking how should i convince my local apple reseller that there is a problem.

CoastalOR

macrumors 68040
Jan 19, 2015
Oregon, USA
You might take a look at this thread discussing problems with M1 MacBook screens:

Reactions: thanujachamika

thanujachamika

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2021
You might take a look at this thread discussing problems with M1 MacBook screens:
thanks for the reply. Actually I didn't see my issue anywhere else

sl4pone

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2022
hello my friend! is your problem solved? This happened to me and you're the only one that I found that had the same problem! thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.