Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

williamlyh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2021
hi,

I knew many us apple stores have a few m1 max models in stock daily during last week. But has anyone been able to locate a stock availability yesterday or today? I’m trying to reserve one but it seems it’s all unavailable.

GeorgeVes

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2016
I've been checking all week for a 16" Max spec and have come up with nothing so far.

williamlyh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2021
Apple rep told me that stores get replenish stocks now and then. So it literally can pop up at any time. Guess we have to keep refreshing at random times…

macphoto861

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2021
Apple rep told me that stores get replenish stocks now and then. So it literally can pop up at any time. Guess we have to keep refreshing at random times…
Yeah, though not immediately helpful to your plight, I've been keeping an eye on my local store (just out of curiosity, as I've already purchased), and although I haven't seen the Max in stock again, I do occasionally see the 14" and 16" Pro pop back up as available for pickup, so that would indicate that they're hopefully getting a steady trickle of shipments coming in, and that it's only a matter of time before a Max becomes available.

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
I've been checking daily and have only seen a couple of stores in a 250 mile radius show the space gray 16" M1 Max in stock but then went out of stock a short time later. I'm holding out for a silver.

Reactions: rgarjr

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
I've been checking daily and have only seen a couple of stores in a 250 mile radius show the space gray 16" M1 Max in stock but then went out of stock a short time later. I'm holding out for a silver.
Thats the same in this area. Very short availability if seen online. Another Silver fan. ;)

Reactions: rgarjr

Sean7512

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2005
I have been looking for the 14"/64GB/2TB/32GPU option, which is the only Max for the 14" that stores are receiving. On launch day, I had it in my cart and hesitated and decided against getting it. I haven't seen that model come back in stock again, but I check multiple times a day. I have noticed that the stores consistently update between noon-1pm with new stock. Almost daily I see the base model go out of stock and then show back up around lunch and they're typically gone by the end of the day.

This is in Pittsburgh, btw.

Reactions: tekmoe

Sean7512

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2005
Another day of stock refreshes and another day of no Max devices being added (in either 14 or 16").

Anyone have any luck?

jason748

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2018
Another day of stock refreshes and another day of no Max devices being added (in either 14 or 16").

Anyone have any luck?
Nope no luck in Australia either, there is always stock of the base M1 Pro but all the M1 Max is out of stock, I've been checking almost every hour and waking up at 5am every morning but nothing. It's been over a week now so I'm losing hope, I might just place a order now and just wait for the december delivery before the delivery dates gets pushed back even further.

Now I'm strongly suspecting that they will never restock the M1 Max models in-store and are prioritising on fulfilling all the M1 Max delivery orders. Perhaps there is a manufacturing shortage for the M1 Max chips or they didn't anticipate that much demand for the M1 Max chips...

Sean7512

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2005
Nope no luck in Australia either, there is always stock of the base M1 Pro but all the M1 Max is out of stock, I've been checking almost every hour and waking up at 5am every morning but nothing. It's been over a week now so I'm losing hope, I might just place a order now and just wait for the december delivery before the delivery dates gets pushed back even further.

Now I'm strongly suspecting that they will never restock the M1 Max models in-store and are prioritising on fulfilling all the M1 Max delivery orders. Perhaps there is a manufacturing shortage for the M1 Max chips or they didn't anticipate that much demand for the M1 Max chips...
No, they are definitely still stocking them. I saw the base 16" Max and the BTO 16"/64/4TB model both appear on random days last week at my local stores, but neither are what I am looking for.

What model are you looking for in particular?

jason748

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2018
No, they are definitely still stocking them. I saw the base 16" Max and the BTO 16"/64/4TB model both appear on random days last week at my local stores, but neither are what I am looking for.

What model are you looking for in particular?
Really? I'm looking for the stock configuration of M1 Max/32gb/1TB. Ideally I'd like 64gb of ram but I'm pretty sure they don't stock 64gb ram with 1TB storage in-stores.

Could you please tell me what times during the day do you see them in stock?

Sean7512

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2005
Really? I'm looking for the stock configuration of M1 Max/32gb/1TB. Ideally I'd like 64gb of ram but I'm pretty sure they don't stock 64gb ram with 1TB storage in-stores.

Could you please tell me what times during the day do you see them in stock?

For the stock 16" (32GB/1TB), they were in stock at 2 of the 3 local stores on Friday, just a few days ago. The stock showed up right around 1pm local time and both stores went to out of stock around 5/6pm. I have not seen them in stock since though. This is in Pittsburgh, PA so a far trip form Australia :)

Yea, if you want the 64GB ram, then you have to jump to 4TB or go to the 14" and do 2TB.

Reactions: jason748

kart

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2011
AU
Nothing here in Australia for even the 14" 1TB Pro standard config model for the last few days..
Bit odd, I thought that they gave Apple stores a priority when it came to stock.

pshufd

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
Two standard config 14s are available in-store Friday. One standard config (the lowest) 16 is available Friday. You have to wait for the rest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.