Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
im waiting for the new update with bated breath. I have been saving up for one all year so im just hoping they dont go up in price much!

You might not be waiting long . About a week or so back I ordered a refurb mini server to replace my aging C2D mini . Usually Apple ships refurbs pretty fast , so today I checked my order status this morning and it was still being ' processed'. Anyway , just out of curiousity I checked the Apple refurb store and there were no minis , in fact not much of anything except laptops and a handful of iMacs and Pros. Looked at my mail just now and there's a message from Apple stating the refurb mini server is ' no longer available' so they're sending a new one at the same price . Apple's not a registered charity so maybe something new's coming up real soon.

bf2008

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Are you sure? I think they dropped that capability with the 2011 iMac. In fact I am sure they did. You could do it with the 2010.

You're right! Only works with other thunderbolt devices (ie none except latest apple products) and need the incredibly expensive thunderbolt cable. Usual annoying apple stuff...
Thanks for pointing this out then. I was considering buying a 27 inch imac but no it's a no go for me if you need to throw away a monitor eventually.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

klmaj

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2012
Sorry guys I sold out and just got a macbook pro 13" for £859 on medical discount. yay!:)

hleewell

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2009
Is it possible for technology to evolve in accordance to Moore's Law in such a way that enables a Mac Pro processing power to be completely reduced to the size of a Mac Mini chassis?

minicube.jpg

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
So according to Apple insider it appears that maybe only the imac and Mac Pro are set to get "refreshed".
So is this it? Should we just go ahead and get mac minis now?

Are you guys here going to keep waiting ?

I dont think i can't wait any longer

Theres been no leaks of any mac mini parts

Somebody must know something

Evildude683

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2012
Republic of Texas
Are you guys here going to keep waiting ?

I dont think i can't wait any longer
Off topic: lol that sounds like a high schooler complaining to it's peers about abstinence:D

Back on topic, I think I might just pull the trigger, the wife and I will be sick if as the ipad 2 we get it and 2 months later they release a new and improved version.

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
Back on topic, I think I might just pull the trigger, the wife and I will be sick if as the ipad 2 we get it and 2 months later they release a new and improved version.

This is the second time you have complained about buying the iPad 2 just 2 months before the new one came out. You did realize that both the iPad 1 and iPad 2 were released in March, so why did you buy one in January? In the end, the iPad 2 is a fine iPad (I have 2). There wasn't really anything major other than the retina display and a GPU bump (to handle the display). You really can't complain about the release of the "New iPad" if Apple had already set a precedent of March releases. It wasn't like one year they released them in August and the next year they were released in December.... They have a very set release.

Evildude683

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2012
Republic of Texas
This is the second time you have complained about buying the iPad 2 just 2 months before the new one came out. You did realize that both the iPad 1 and iPad 2 were released in March, so why did you buy one in January? In the end, the iPad 2 is a fine iPad (I have 2). There wasn't really anything major other than the retina display and a GPU bump (to handle the display). You really can't complain about the release of the "New iPad" if Apple had already set a precedent of March releases. It wasn't like one year they released them in August and the next year they were released in December.... They have a very set release.
You're right, well I got in on January and that was before I got into the Apple rumor mill:D so now I know!
Don't get me wrong I do like the ipad 2, in fact when the 3rd one got released I actually didn't mind that much as you said, no mayor improvements. Before I do the same thing with the mac mini, this time I've decided to get in the mill and see when do they usually update the minis. I just hope/wish that just before they're done with that September 12 event some one comes out on stage and says "oh by the way, we're refreshing the mac mini, nothing mayor but pre-orders start today!"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.