Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

We have it on good word that Mac OS X 10.4.10 has been seeded to developers. It is build 8R2205 for Intel, 8R205 for PowerPC.

Mac OS X 10.4.9 was first seeded to developers in December 2006 and released to the public in March 2007.

As an aside, this confirms that subversion number 10 is the natural successor to subversion number 9 in Apple's numbering scheme. While many thought this pattern was obvious, previous Mac OS X releases have never reached subversion 10.

maverick808

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2004
Scotland
The best thing about this update is that it will finally stop all the arguments about whether or not an x.10 version number is possible with Apple.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
It sounds much more like 10.4.10 addresses some of the stability issues owners of Intel macs have been complaining about (Tiger has been stable for a number of revisions...I think since about 10.4.3 or 10.4.4, on PPC, at least for me).

I'd also bet that the new version will bring with it enhancements to iSync's compatibility list.

I don't think there's a lot of precedence to expect that any particularly interesting new features will show up in the update. I'd love to be wrong, though. ;)

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Yeah, I hope it has an option to turn off the "eject delay" beause I hate it.

odaiwai

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2006
Hong Kong
It also apparently addresses some of the 'brain exploding' behaviour of the more excitable members of the MacRumors community,and largely consists of a short video of Steve Jobs saying: "10.4.10! Ha ha!" in the style of a popular character from the Simpsons TV show..

Squonk

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2005
Let's hope this is not a 4 month process from initial release to developers to general release. I cannot take 4 months of speculations here on MR. Maybe I'm just tired and cranky today...:confused:

aranhamo

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2004
It sounds much more like 10.4.10 addresses some of the stability issues owners of Intel macs have been complaining about (Tiger has been stable for a number of revisions...I think since about 10.4.3 or 10.4.4, on PPC, at least for me).

I've never had any trouble with Tiger on my Intel Mac.

STEPHEN SNELL

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2006
(mac Os X (10.4.10) Update)

YOU GUYS WERE RIGHT, BUT THIS DOESN'T MEAN THAT THEY'LL PRESS MORE UPDATES ON. MY HOPE IS NOW THAT "APPLE INC." WILL TAKE THERE SWEET TIME WITH THIS "UPDATE" AND GET IT OUT AS CLOSE AS TO THE OCTOBER SLATE AND GET IT RIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL BEFORE MAC OS X (10.5) "LEOPARD"
COMES-OUT!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mydel

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2006
Sometimes here mostly there
USB devices have been the biggest cause of kernel panics for me. That and Finder has ground to a halt when I have my flash drive plugged in.

Oh thats true. Everytime I unplug my flash drive I have kernel panic, but its only with laxar. i dont have it with sandisc so I thought its foulty flash drive

KingofAwesome

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2007
USB devices have been the biggest cause of kernel panics for me. That and Finder has ground to a halt when I have my flash drive plugged in.

Mine has been refusing to sleep when I have my camera's memory card connected via the USB card reader. It just keeps waking up, complaining that I didn't eject it properly.

And what is this "slow eject" thing? I never noticed it taking longer to eject, but I didn't make a triumphant return to the Mac until 10.4.4 or so.

tvguru

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2005
Kenora, ON Canada
YOU GUYS WERE RIGHT, BUT THIS DOESN'T MEAN THAT THEY'LL PRESS MORE UPDATES ON. MY HOPE IS NOW THAT "APPLE INC." WILL TAKE THERE SWEET TIME WITH THIS "UPDATE" AND GET IT OUT AS CLOSE AS TO THE OCTOBER SLATE AND GET IT RIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL BEFORE MAC OS X (10.5) "LEOPARD"
COMES-OUT!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Your CAPS are on. Just thought I'd let you know. :p

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
Looks like many bugs you guys are stating are fairly isolated and doesn't affect most people. For me, I don't really have many problems. Occasional application crash here & there, but nothing that happens regularly.

As for it being .10, I know how the version system works and besides, I don't care what it's called. As long as it shuts up all the people out there whining about bugs they have, I'm happy.

KindredMAC

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2003
I really think they could change the EJECT feature to only be active on laptop models. All the script has to do is look for the type of machine listed in "Machine Model" in Apple System Profiler. If it is a laptop model then activate the script.... if it is a desktop model then it shouldn't run.

But then again, everyone else on here probably wants it to be a system pref.... which it easily could be under the CDs & DVDs section in Hardware.

I like the feature on my MacBook but I hate it on my Power Mac G5. Go figure, right?

Eric5h5

macrumors 68020
Dec 9, 2004

That's as far as I got before I stopped reading. Hint: fix your caps-lock key.

Anyway, now we know the true reason for Leopard's delay: to allow time for 10.4.10, which proves once and for all that the number that comes after 9 is...wait for it...10! This should be a huge benefit for those people who were unable to graduate from kindergarten and didn't know that. ;)

--Eric

ppnkg

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2005
UK
10.4.10 ... proves once and for all that the number that comes after 9 is...wait for it...10! This should be a huge benefit for those people who were unable to graduate from kindergarten and didn't know that. ;)

--Eric

Amen, brother.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.