Mac OS X 10.4.3 Seeds

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
7,446
8,512


Appleinsider reports that Apple has seeded Mac OS X 10.4.3 to developers.

The newest build 8F8 is said to include include over 40 bug fixes related to .Mac, AppleScript, AFP Server communications, and Finder permissions.

According to the rumor site, 10.4.3 is targetted for release in September.

Apple's most recent Mac OS X 10.4 update was released on July 12th 2005.
 

Montserrat

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2004
224
0
UK
Appleinsider mention something about a new Widget manager widget - anyone got any news on what has been changed from the current Widget manager?
 

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
2,580
0
On a jet plane
I know some people will claim this as proof that Tiger wasn't ready for release but I'm just glad Apple are working hard at further polishing the OS. There seems to have been a fair few complaints regarding Tiger but I've had next to no issues from 10.4.0. Still looking forward to 10.4.3 though! :p
 

hcuar

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2004
1,065
0
Dallas
Montserrat said:
Appleinsider mention something about a new Widget manager widget - anyone got any news on what has been changed from the current Widget manager?
If you reread the article, they are refering to the widget manager added in 10.4.2. :p
 

Applespider

macrumors G4
munkle said:
I've had next to no issues from 10.4.0. Still looking forward to 10.4.3 though! :p
I'm not desperate for .3 but I've had more problems with the system freezing under 10.4.2 than I had under 10.4.0 or 10.4.1. It's still not doing it regularly enough to troubleshoot causes - but it's done it twice more than it did under early Tiger.
 

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
2,580
0
On a jet plane
Applespider said:
I'm not desperate for .3 but I've had more problems with the system freezing under 10.4.2 than I had under 10.4.0 or 10.4.1. It's still not doing it regularly enough to troubleshoot causes - but it's done it twice more than it did under early Tiger.
The more I read about others experiences with Tiger the luckier I feel! Cursed iPhoto bug aside, everything has been pretty peachy for me, touch wood!
 

0098386

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
21,552
2,886
I've been getting some long pauses in 10.4.2, more so when i leave the system on for a while. i've just broke my uptime record and ive been on for 8 days 7 hours now and frequently Finder, Garageband and Safari sort of 'freeze'. not the absolute freeze Windows gets, just the beachball thing.
 

qzak

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2005
251
0
i've had no problems with .1, so haven't upgraded to .2 yet. after hearing all the mac fanatics rant on about how much you have to keep patching/upgrading windows i'm suprised at the steady strain of updates for OS X. of course an OS won't be perfect when u release it, but wasn't .2 supposed to knock out most of the remaining bugs, now they say .3 fixes at least 40 more.

aaanyway, back to the point, yeah .1 works just fine for me personally, so probably stay with that till .3 comes out
 

Applespider

macrumors G4
munkle said:
Cursed iPhoto bug aside, everything has been pretty peachy for me, touch wood!
Likewise until 10.4.2 (which I have to have to get rid of the cursed iPhoto bug) when this odd freezing started. One app beachballs and then the whole system does... bizarre! And then my modem didn't like the Airport update the next night but that at least is an identifiable bug which can be resolved by resorting to the earlier firmware.
 

makeme

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2005
48
0
Fix Mail, Safari and Automator

Can we have a Mail and Automator that actually work and a Safari that doesn't crash! Please, oh please!

It's just that Automator's standalone applications and finder plugins don't work and Safari crashes whenever I visit certain websites.

Lucky736, I feel your pain. Mail needs to be fixed as well. It's been abusing me lately with all of it's shenanigans.
 

MoparShaha

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2003
1,629
20
San Francisco
I hope Apple fixes the issue where hidden applications do not hide at login. They also un-hide when returning from screensaver. I've submitted feedback three times now. This is getting rediculous. (This has happened on two completely stock, clean-installs).
 

BWhaler

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2003
2,771
2,573
I really hope .3 is has hundreds of bug fixes so Tiger can FINALLY be a reliable operating system. I spent 200 bucks on this--family pack--and am pretty pissed about the bugginess. Plus, there is no way I am cutting my business over to Tiger while it is still in this state.

Plus, I want Leopard to blow away Longhorn. Blow it away. And so I want a solid foundation for the next generation of OS X plus as many Apple engineers working on the future as possible--not bug fixing the past.

Please, please, please Apple make 10.4.3 a huge release with the bug fixes we so desperately need.
 

Gherkin

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2004
511
156
The only problem I currently have is Software Update hanging and bringing up the network diagnostics thing. Yes, I've followed the fix on Apple's site, but it does nothing for me.

Other then that, smooth sailing here.
 

makeme

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2005
48
0
BWhaler said:
I really hope .3 is has hundreds of bug fixes so Tiger can FINALLY be a reliable operating system. I spent 200 bucks on this--family pack--and am pretty pissed about the bugginess.
I here you. Mac OS 10.4 came with my new eMac and it isn't ready for prime time. I just switched from Linux to Mac and earlier from Windows to Linux. With how Mac OS 10.4 has gone, I may very well wait until 10.5.9 to upgrade to 10.5.

Don't get me wrong though, I love my new eMac and Mac OS 10.4 has been wonderful on the whole. I've only had problems with Mail (crash, data loss, broken), Automator (slow, broken), Safari (crash) and Dashboard (crash, data loss). Luckily, Mac OS 10.4.1 fixed Mail's most serious problems and Mac OS 10.4.2 fixed some of Automator's and most of Dashboard's problems. Safari still crashes, Automator still doesn't work as advertised and Mail sometimes misbehaves, but I've yet to have problems with anything else after the updates.

Here's hoping that Mac OS 10.4.3 brings us fixes to all of our complaints or problems with Tiger. Don't forget to submit feedback to Apple. I've sent tons of feedback about my problems and suggestions on things I'd like to see.
 

makeme

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2005
48
0
Gherkin said:
The only problem I currently have is Software Update hanging and bringing up the network diagnostics thing. Yes, I've followed the fix on Apple's site, but it does nothing for me.

Other then that, smooth sailing here.
It appears there are a lot of isolated incidents of bugs that only some experience. For me, Software Update has been a joy to use and always works perfectly.
 

dukeblue91

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2004
1,225
0
Raleigh, NC
Wow :eek:
I can't believe all the trouble people are having with Tiger here.
Tiger has been rock solid " sans the iPhoto bug " on 3 setup's.
Maybe some of you should do a complete fresh install after formating the hard drive.
If I had that many problems that's what I'd be doing.
 

eme jota ce

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2005
193
0
Chicago
munkle said:
I know some people will claim this as proof that Tiger wasn't ready for release but I'm just glad Apple are working hard at further polishing the OS. There seems to have been a fair few complaints regarding Tiger but I've had next to no issues from 10.4.0. Still looking forward to 10.4.3 though! :p
Tiger works great for me, too - stable, reliable. My office marvels at Spotlight. It blows them away to spend hours searching for things that I now find in mere moments.
 

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
I second that

dukeblue91 said:
Wow :eek:
I can't believe all the trouble people are having with Tiger here.
Tiger has been rock solid " sans the iPhoto bug " on 3 setup's.
Maybe some of you should do a complete fresh install after formating the hard drive.
If I had that many problems that's what I'd be doing.


I have to agree, Tiger has been a joy for me. i never had a single problem with anything, other than a hic up with the latest garageband update. Safari has never crashed, mail is great, automator and spotlight are as smooth as silk. I feel bad for all the users who have had a bad experience with 10.4, but I for one have enjoyed every second of it. Stealth mode rocks, automator really really rocks, and spotlight has changed how I use my computer.

Sorry, but I guess someone had to have a good experience with Tiger. :p