Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
A couple of questions out of curiosity:

1. Where on my HD is the current Panther video stored?

2. What program do you think Apple used to make this? Are there any prosumer type apps out there to do this in?

Thanks as always.

Steven1621

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2003
Connecticut
Gump said:
Enjoy the rush while it lasts....as soon as Microsoft actually puts effort into it's OS program again (namely, Longhorn) the way they did in the mid-90's, Apple will go back into the hole.

Here come the flames and the magic release date arguments.... :rolleyes:

Not to add fire to the flames...but it isn't fair to say that the efforts of M$ in the mid-90s was the cause of Apple's troubles.

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
Gump said:
Enjoy the rush while it lasts....as soon as Microsoft actually puts effort into it's OS program again (namely, Longhorn) the way they did in the mid-90's, Apple will go back into the hole.

Here come the flames and the magic release date arguments.... :rolleyes:

Nah, no flames. It's just kinda sad to see The Haters who come out like clock work every time Apple does something cool.

Trust me, the Apple community sees guys like you 3 or 4 times a year. (Think about that for a second. That means we get something cool about once a quarter. Year after year. You're talking about years from now when MS "gets serious" about Longhorn)

So yeah, we get guys like you for the next month or so. Then you Haters disappear until June. Then you're back in September. Then January we see you again.

Yeah, you guys are that predictable. Sad, but true.

Ling

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2003
Oberlin, OH
We have a couple of test copies of Tiger to prepare our new lab image. This is the movie that has been appearing in the developer's builds.

My question is, can anyone identify the music? Not quite as cool as Eple, but I still like it.

LaMerVipere

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Chicago
What is this about Eple?

Is is the song playing during the Panther intro? Is it downloadable anywhere? Inquiring mind(s) want to know. :p

barbaloot

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I agree, it looks great. Fits with the whole spotlight thing.

My problem is...

It's sooooooooo long. A third of the way into I thought, "God I would want to be using my new system now.

Just my 2¢

geno.

stevieled

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
not real...duh

if you click on the original link posted by the macrumors administrator and then in the address bar of your browser go to the guys main page (http://homepage.mac.com/thestringer) you can see that he creates movies for fun...the link on the top of his page to "home iMovie" and "home iMovie EDITED VERSION" you can see on the bottom of those pages that he is asking for feedback...this proves to me that it is fake...this guy created it for fun.

come on people...everything posted about tiger and you all go insane...just wait patiently for it to come out in a few hours...just wait...

then you can soon see the real opening movie and be amazed...

thanks

adam1185

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2004
stevieled said:
if you click on the original link posted by the macrumors administrator and then in the address bar of your browser go to the guys main page (http://homepage.mac.com/thestringer) you can see that he creates movies for fun...the link on the top of his page to "home iMovie" and "home iMovie EDITED VERSION" you can see on the bottom of those pages that he is asking for feedback...this proves to me that it is fake...this guy created it for fun.

come on people...everything posted about tiger and you all go insane...just wait patiently for it to come out in a few hours...just wait...

then you can soon see the real opening movie and be amazed...

thanks

It's probably real, he has posted a version he modded tho

http://homepage.mac.com/thestringer/.Movies/tigerintromod.mp4

stevieled

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
adam1185 said:
it doesn't but the modded one seems a lot less apple-like than the other one.

what im saying is that i dont think any of them are apple...just explore around that site...the guy makes videos...he might had done a mod of someone elses video...im just saying it all seems fake to me...thats all

Spaceman Spiff

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2003
I can confirm that the video's valid. It's what I saw when I started up Tiger for the first time, and yes, it does go into registration after the X appears.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.