Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vohdoun

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
Far away from Earth.
That's awesome. Made my day.

fw1108velzu2.jpg

crees!

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
Yes, it actually is true.
Well, maybe for your local FedEx wasn't done shipping all their packages and had to work overtime to deliver them all. I remember I received my copy of Tiger around 2PM. Therefore, they didn't wait till 6PM to start delivering.

gopher

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2002
Maryland, USA
Prepared for shipment.
Delivers _by_ October 26th.
No reason why it couldn't be delivered tomorrow since it is Standard overnight.

I might just have to go to work early to see if it arrives early!

Roc

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2006
Mine also says Prepared for Shipment: Delivery on 26th.

Paid for overnight. Would be nice to get it tomorrow.

Rocmello

SaxPlayer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2007
Dorset, England
Mine's prepared for shipment. Has had that status since at least around midday today (UK Time). :)

Anyone know who they're using to deliver them in the UK? I hope it's not UPS I had problems with them last time...

When I bought iLife 08 in August that came via UPS (I'm in Dorset, UK). Shipping took just a day. I don't know for sure, but I'd guess the new OS will come the same way.

For what it's worth, my Leopard pre-order says "Prepared for Shipment" too. On the UK Apple Store it specifically says "ships BY October 26th" rather than "arrive ON October 26th" as the US Store does so I get a feeling that we may be waiting until Monday for our parcels to arrive. I hope I'm wrong though. The trouble and strife is out on Saturday morning so this would be a great time to open the box :D

WillGonz

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2005
What Leopard feature are you most excited about?

For me it is the ability to remotely control systems over .Mac. I have convinced a ton of people to make the switch to Macs. Now once we have Leopard I will easily be able to remote in and help them out. Sure there are other free ways, Hamachi and Chicken Of the VNC, but I look forward to a slick way for less than $99 a year. Here's a tip. Get family packs, cheaper than singles and you get more of them.

LupoLupiana

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2007
Exactly

When I bought iLife 08 in August that came via UPS (I'm in Dorset, UK). Shipping took just a day. I don't know for sure, but I'd guess the new OS will come the same way.

For what it's worth, my Leopard pre-order says "Prepared for Shipment" too. On the UK Apple Store it specifically says "ships BY October 26th" rather than "arrive ON October 26th" as the US Store does so I get a feeling that we may be waiting until Monday for our parcels to arrive. I hope I'm wrong though. The trouble and strife is out on Saturday morning so this would be a great time to open the box :D

Yea, it would be nice to open it on the saturday...and just use it and get to know it for the weekend...luckily i have a week off next week !!! :)

Legacy

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2005
London
UK Shipping

I'm on the UK Shipping as well...says 'Prepared for Shipment', ship by 26th, delivery by 29th-30th Oct?

Fast EMEA delivery..whats that?

Standing Amazed

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2007
Wellington, New Zealand

Here in New Zealand it says " DELIVERS ON OCTOBER 26TH". As it's already the 25th now it should change from "Prepared for Shipment" to shipped very soon.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I received Tiger at 6:15pm from FedEx. They normally work until 6pm, but not when Apple releases a new OS. And mistakes do happen.

So when you received Tiger is the final arbiter? Apple does not have an agreement w/ FedEx to only deliver after 6pm. FedEx will continue to deliver packages on the van until they have made an attempt for each package, even if that puts them past 6pm, but FedEx will not START delivery for specific packages at any given time. It's logistically unfeasible, even if Apple wanted to do it that way (and boy would it be expensive if they tried).

It was not a mistake that people rec'd their copy of Tiger before 6pm on launch, it's called normal delivery schedule. And it won't be a mistake when people get their copies of Leopard before 6pm Friday either.

Stop trying to freak people out.

gri

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2004
New York City, aka Big Apple
So when you received Tiger is the final arbiter? Apple does not have an agreement w/ FedEx to only deliver after 6pm. FedEx will continue to deliver packages on the van until they have made an attempt for each package, even if that puts them past 6pm, but FedEx will not START delivery for specific packages at any given time. It's logistically unfeasible, even if Apple wanted to do it that way (and boy would it be expensive if they tried).

It was not a mistake that people rec'd their copy of Tiger before 6pm on launch, it's called normal delivery schedule. And it won't be a mistake when people get their copies of Leopard before 6pm Friday either.

Stop trying to freak people out.

A I said earlier - my order says delivered, so I got it (at home, am still at work) on the 24th, -2 days...:p

Legacy

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2005
London
Running Leopard on a G3

I was hoping to try and run it on my G3 iMac before I run it on my MacBook and if it works, buy a family license. Is there any advancement on running it on G3's with XPostFacto?

Its a 600MHz G3 with 512MB RAM and 16MB Rage 128 Pro Video Card... has Panther on it atm

Shoesy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2007
Colchester, UK.
I got mine delivered yesterday, and yes Safari is a lot snappier.

Here is a photo of it I sneaked in the elevator- sorry it's only on my phone camera, but I will post better ones once I get the chance.

Leopard.jpg

Sean Dempsey

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2006
I got mine delivered yesterday, and yes Safari is a lot snappier.

Here is a photo of it I sneaked in the elevator- sorry it's only on my phone camera, but I will post better ones once I get the chance.

Leopard.jpg

It's because your copy of Leopard apparently came on a vinyl record.

donlphi

macrumors 6502
May 25, 2006
Seattle (M$ Country)
It's because your copy of Leopard apparently came on a vinyl record.

It also cost him just the very top of his head... nice cutting and pasting. That is hilarious looking. My Grandma uses photoshop better than that. I know he was just messing around with the editing (I hope), but that made my day. :D

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
We Have A Thread That Shows You How To Hack It For G3

I was hoping to try and run it on my G3 iMac before I run it on my MacBook and if it works, buy a family license. Is there any advancement on running it on G3's with XPostFacto?

Its a 600MHz G3 with 512MB RAM and 16MB Rage 128 Pro Video Card... has Panther on it atm
Have you looked at the thread

Guide: Install Leopard on older Macs

with instructions on how to prepare a Leopard install DVD so you can install it on G3 & lower speed G4 Macs? So you needn't wait for the XPOSTFACTO solution.

If I were you I would max out the RAM on your G3 to maximize performance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.