Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

galvaxio

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2022
I have my own personal Mac that I use at work. It seems that every time I VPN into the work network my terminal permissions change along with the hostname. It seems that they are able to manage my Mac. I do use Outlook signed in with my work credentials, but I am not sure if that allows them to apply this changes. Another thing I noticed is that my Activity Monitor is turned off while on VPN as well. How the hell are they doing this? Any help is appreciated....

appltech

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2020
Look after Profiles installed on your Mac (–> System Preferences–> (if you can't find Profile section, click on menu bar View–> Customize just to be sure that they aren't hidden), as well as certs. in Keychain Access (check for recent, or you can simply rename the Keychain folder in your user Library (~/Library)
Sure thing such behavior could be as a result of some software installed (or system extensions) either Directory Utility.

But before doing something, it would be better to ask responsible ones at your work for that, just to avoid some troubles (maybe there're some statements on your work for that)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.