Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThomasJL

macrumors 68000
Oct 16, 2008
Well, the rumors of the notch turned out to be true on the new MacBook Pro line. What an incredibly stupid design choice!

Reactions: aTomek

coords

macrumors member
May 25, 2013
If it's true, the notch is going to piss off a lot of customers including me!! I'd prefer a slightly smaller screen that having a dreadful notch!!
After watching yesterday's event & seeing how Apple has implemented the notch, I don't care anymore. It's not intrusive especially with the dark theme. I don't think I'll notice it after a while. Any one else change their minds?

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
After watching yesterday's event & seeing how Apple has implemented the notch, I don't care anymore. It's not intrusive especially with the dark theme. I don't think I'll notice it after a while. Any one else change their minds?

They gave us more screen space. Fine with me.

lepidotós

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2021
Marinette, Arizona
Not really. Notches still add cost and make it even less durable.

RSB96

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2021
Spain
A MacBook Air with the design of the new MacBook Pro, but ultra-thin, and colorful, would be quite attractive and visually striking.

With the M2, it would be quite interesting to most people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.