Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jun 15, 2000
So I need a case for my MacBook. I don't think anyone makes one specifically for it yet. I guess I'd just have to go looking around for something that fits. Any ideas? :confused:

Edit: I think I might get the Brenthaven Pro 15-inch/17-inch Backpack. It's semi-overkill, but since I'll take it to class a few times, I don't want to lug around separate bags.

codo

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2006
England, United Kingdom
kainjow said:
So I need a case for my MacBook. I don't think anyone makes one specifically for it yet. I guess I'd just have to go looking around for something that fits. Any ideas? :confused:

I emailed be.ez and they said their MacBook LArobe collection is - "already in manufacturing schedule" which is funky, as their sleeves etc are Fab!

They also added the products will be in the UK no later than Mid-June, so probably in the USA slightly before I'd imagine.

:)

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jun 15, 2000
Just released today:
http://www.sfbags.com/products/sleevecases/sleevecases.htm for $39 (for 13" MB):

prod_sleevecase_detail_2.jpg

Good for if you want to stuff it inside a bookbag or briefcase...

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
kainjow said:
Just released today:

prod_sleevecase_detail_2.jpg

Good for if you want to stuff it inside a bookbag or briefcase...

It looks Ok but I prefer a fully sealable one like the Tucano Skins as they stop spills or crumbs etc when in a backpack....otherwise it looks alright,

ShadoW

oclor

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2006
Boston
If you want a sleeve I would wait for incase to come out with one for the MacBook, but if you want a backpack, i highly recomend the Oakley AP Sandbag. That think looks amazing, has a special compartment for laptops, and it's oakley. I would love to get it but its a little pricy at $110

h0e0h

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
West Monroe, Louisiana
Booq for me.

its pricey, but i really really love my Booq BP3 set http://www.booqbags.com/Detail.bok?no=44 and the sleeve fits my 12" PB like a glove, very protected and took it on a flight and to Colorado. It got thrown around in the condo and things and i LOVE IT. I will never get anything else, when i get my MBP i will get the sleeve to fit it and keep the backpack. I would hold out for the MacBook sleeve.

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
I bought the STM Medium Cargo, and I'm loving the hell out of it. The 15 inch sleeve fits the (13.3 inch) MacBook nicely on the horizontal, with just a little bit of vertical play. Still, it strikes me as being more than snug enough. Also put my power adapters, digital camera + cable, and sketchpad in there. Weighs a bit, but looks nice and is built very well.

ps_l_mediumcargo1.gif

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Cooknn said:
I think I'm gonna grab an STM Small Alley Shoulder Bag (MacBook 13" Compatible - according to their website).

ps_l_smallalley1.gif

I have the small loft for my 12" PB, and it's nice to know that it'll probably fit. In fact, after seeing that photo where the 12" PB is placed on top of the 13.3" MB, my bag will probably be a perfect fit for the new 13.3" MB design. It has a bit of room on both sides, probably just enough for MB. :)

cloudblood84

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2006
san diego, ca
after i got my macbook...i went to the sony style store to get a case, it was funny as i was walking in one of the workers jokingly said " uh yeah we dont like those u cant come in with that"...i told him id MAYBE think about a sony if they ran OSX and possibly werent so damn overpriced. i figured since sony has a lot of 13.3 laptops i got a VAIO case...its nice and snug and not too expensive (about 20 bucks)

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
I just found (and ordered) this Booq Mamba S Vertical Shoulder Bag for the 13-inch MacBook. Wasn't sure if I wanted the shoulder bag or a backpack, but this looks like it will work very nicely.

Here's a pic -

BadgerMac

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2003
I carry a backpack like this and use the sleevz and the screensavrz from Radtech.us. I've used these products dating back to my 1Ghz TiBook and have been quite happy.

sonictonic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2006
San Jose, California
I really like my incase sleeve/case for my G4 iBook... and I am hoping they make one very soon to fit the new MacBook as I plan on getting one in a few weeks...

Anyone have any insight? :)

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
sonictonic said:
I really like my incase sleeve/case for my G4 iBook... and I am hoping they make one very soon to fit the new MacBook as I plan on getting one in a few weeks...

Anyone have any insight? :)

I used to have a Incase sleeve/case for the old iBook G3 I used to have. Agreed, great sleeves, fits smugly and looks great. I got it in the Apple Store the day I bought the iBook G3 :)

I'd wait for them to come out with a MacBook-specific one too. Hopefully within the next two month, because that's when I'll buy my MacBook!

Kalns

macrumors regular
May 16, 2006
I was going to get that case, but August 21st is a long ways off.

MrK

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2002
Get a case soon...

Aug. 21 is a long time. My experience with the white model especially is that is scrtaches quickly. Find something that works for now and is cheap if you want to wait for one of the nicer cases coming out in August from Booq oe be.ez.

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
TonySwartz said:
http://axio-usa.com/downloads/hardsleeve.pdf

I'm waiting to see if they release one of these for the MacBook...hopefully sooner than later.

Those look pretty nice, But check these Shinza Zero Shock sleeves out they are awesome, I used to have one for my iBook and they are so tough you could basically throw your backpack around if your laptop is in one of these....

They should have a 13" model out soon.

ShadoW

kbonney

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2006
Bellingham, WA
i need a case too

does anyone recommend the timbuk2 bags?

i am traveling to europe this summer and i just ordered at macbook so i can have it with me. i'll have my backpack too.

is it worth getting a seperate case or can i get away with using a neoprine sleeve inside my pack?

suggestions? cant wait til friday!!!!!

andytye1

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2006
guys and girls check these bad boys out, by far the best macbook cases i've seen yet...

http://www.foofbag.com/

made in oz, but very different to what you're probably used too... plus you'd be hard pushed to find another one the same in your local starbucks...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.