MacBook Pro 13 (2015) slight pressure mark, solution?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by meduzarija, Sep 2, 2016.

1. meduzarija macrumors newbie

meduzarija

So last night, I was carrying my rMBP in laptop messenger bag, which is pretty nice padded and protective. I fell from skateboard and fell a little bit on my bag. Not with my whole body, just slightly. What happened this morning was, when I opened Terminal in fullscreen (with black background color) I saw 2 slightly brighter lines, that looks like have been pressed against keyboard, since one line got the curve of the keyboard key.

Now the weird thing is, when I googled for pressure marks on internet, most of them become brighter on white background, mine don't. They are only slightly visible on dark backgrounds, on white not visible at all, on any brightness. Turning down brightness reduces their visibility too, and when I turn of the screen they are gone.

I do not think Apple will cover it under the warrant, since fault was obviously mine, but it is still in warranty, so I will try and ask what could be the outcome. Do any of you have solution for this, since I hope they aren't that bad, just a little marks, sometimes visible, maybe there is a way to fix it, by massage, pulling a screen a little bit or something?

This isn't that big of deal, since when I browse the web and do basic stuff, thing is not that visible. When I watch a movie or something than it is, but most of all I spend a lot of time in terminal and text editor, and that is when it is visible the most. And i have slight OCD, so if I could fix it that would be great.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Screen replacement will be the only way to get rid of it completely. Apple might do it under warranty but I am betting they have seen this before.

3. Patcell, Sep 3, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2016

Patcell macrumors 6502

Definitely worth a shot at an Apple store. I had a similar problem with my mid 2014 15". I was carrying it in my messenger bag and the strap snapped sending the bag to the floor... There was a very small dent in the corner of the display and a few days prior I noted a couple of bright spots on the display - similar to what you are describing. I took it to Apple, the tech didn't notice the small dent in the corner and they replaced the display under warranty. Very happy camper as now the dent is gone and my display is pristine!

4. meduzarija thread starter macrumors newbie

meduzarija

They did it free of charge?

5. Patcell macrumors 6502

Totally free of charge. The machine was still under warranty when it happened. The Apple Genius didn't notice the very small dent in the corner of the display housing and coded the display issue as a manufacturing defect. Totally lucked out...