Macbook Pro 2018 vs iMac 2013

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LewisMembery, Jul 18, 2018.

?

iMac 2013 or Macbook 2018

1. imac

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. macbook pro

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. LewisMembery macrumors newbie

In short, I'm a photographer that is always on the move, what I'm wondering is:

I currently have a late 2013 27" iMac with 1TB HD, 32GB Ram and 3.4GHz i5 Quad Core - I was interested in getting a new Macbook Pro and selling the iMac due to all the traveling. Would getting the New 13" Macbook Pro with 16GB Ram, an SSD and 2.3Ghz i5 Quadcore (8th Gen) + a monitor for when I'm home be a huge down grade in regards to speed and what not?

I haven't got the techest brain when it comes to the internals of the Macs, but I just know that my imac is now 5 years old and I don't want to wait much longer as it's going to loose more and more value.

What are you thoughts guys?

Appreciate your opinions.

Lewis.

2. Closingracer macrumors 68040

No . It will be even faster. Comparing clock speeds means nothing. For example if you compare a 3rd gen Intel I7 quad core CPU and a 7th gen both clocked at say 3.0 ghz and both quad cores the 7th gen would be faster and better. There’s more to the cpu then clock speeds and even core counts.

3. LewisMembery thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh awesome, so you recon go with the macbook pro and sell the imac?

Thanks for the fast response!

4. AdamAlbonni macrumors newbie

Hey Lewis - what did you end up doing here? Currently using the same iMac and just seem to be overpowering it (heavy duty chrome use for my online biz, consistently 50-100 tabs open and I prefer to just keep them open), so looking to upgrade and wondering how a top line new MBP would compare to the firepower I have now...