MacBook Pro Supplies Constrained, Steve Jobs Says 'Not to Worry'

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

The prolonged wait for updated MacBook Pros continue without any major hints at when they might arrive. A report last week suggested that a shortage of Intel notebook chips could be contributing to the delay.

MacRumors has heard that the MacBook Pro supplies to retailers have abruptly become constrained, possibly suggesting that updates could be imminent.

Meanwhile, one MacRumors reader emailed Steve Jobs directly about concerns about how long he's had to wait for the new MacBook Pro updates and Apple's recent focus on the iPad. He wrote "I recognise the need for secrecy etc but I am really losing heart in the lack of vision for the MBP and Mac Pros. Not expecting a response but as someone who has personally switched dozens of people onto the mac way this is a sad email for me to compose."

As he's been occasionally known to do, Steve Jobs reportedly responded with a short reply that simply said "Not to worry."

Article Link: MacBook Pro Supplies Constrained, Steve Jobs Says 'Not to Worry'

ss957916

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
So - my brother, whom I've told to wait, is still waiting.

I'm beginning to look like a fool.

What should I tell him? He wants a MacBook Pro!! But I don't want him coming to me moaning that he's spent a fortune on a computer that, a few days later, is old technology.

What do I do?

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
Apple haters will see "not to worry" as being an empty dismissive statement. Yet most of us probably think it means great new product soon :rolleyes:

I hope for the latter.

Paperboy2010

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2010
Well Steve, I 'won't worry' as I go out, without an update, and regretfully buy a Vaio Z tomorrow since the MBA is so terribly outdated. I've waited and waited as patiently as possible, but my dell is crapping out and I need to do something.

pjgeer

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2007
All my store stock orders except the MB986LL/A were shipped within 36 hours of order, end of last week.

I do have 24"/30" ACD and MB986LL/A all on three weeks back order at the moment. It is a quiet week at the shop, so it would be a good time for a product change, will give me time to input new products in to the stock system. :p

Pj

Houston

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2002
All my store stock orders except the MB986LL/A were shipped within 36 hours of order, end of last week.

I do have 24"/30" ACD and MB986LL/A all on three weeks back order at the moment. It is a quiet week at the shop, so it would be a good time for a product change, will give me time to input new products in to the stock system. :p

Pj
The Mac Pro is much later than the MacBook Pro. Hopefully, they will both be updated SOON. I would expect the Mac Pro to be updated first.

mdntcallr

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2000
crossing my fingers i can upgrade my Mac Pro and MBP

My wish list:
Matte Screen
Blu-Ray

REM314

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2009
Canada
Still waiting on an affordable gaming iMac or Mac Pro.

Though if I asked SJ about that instead of "not to worry" he would probably say "haven't seen a flying pig yet".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.