• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

154035-macbook_pro_front.jpg

9 to 5 Mac reports that it has received word from a tipster claiming that Apple is set to be released as soon as tomorrow, although the launch may be delayed until next Tuesday. The report follows an earlier claim of new Mac Pro models set for launch next Tuesday. According to the source:
The MacBook Pro will be released on the same day as Mac Pro. We are scheduled for a Friday morning release but with the amount of updates may be pushed to Tuesday. ipad is number 1 and everything else is as time permits. Look for i5 in base macbook pro with i7 in higher end 15 and 17 inch.
9 to 5 Mac offers no assessment of the reliability of the source, and rumor sites frequently receive incorrect information from sources claiming to be in the know. Consequently, we currently view this report with considerable skepticism pending additional information.

The MacBook Pros were last updated in June and are due for a refresh. Evidence of a Core i7-based MacBook Pro surfaced in Geekbench's results just over a month ago, and a number of other reports of new machines appeared in subsequent weeks. The rumor mill has been relatively quiet for the past couple of weeks, however, despite considerable interest in and expectation of updated models.

Update: 9 to 5 Mac now reports that the cited source may have been a hoax, although it notes that it has received multiple tips of a MacBook Pro release in the very near future.

Article Link: MacBook Pro Update Due for Launch as Soon as Tomorrow?

asnozz

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2006
London and Kuala Lumpur
finally! I'm waiting to hand my money over for a mac pro, but this is good too. It'd be nice if Apple still saw the Mac as its primary business, but we can't all have what we want..

Comment

nconnella

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2008
Oh god, please let this be true. I almost wish Macrumors didn't post this because it seems like a very unreliable source... It's gotten my hopes up and I'd almost rather not know and just be surprised when it happens! Fingers crossed that the wait is almost over...

Comment

fierywater

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2008
Sunderland, MA
Lol @ the hoax.

That said, I wish there were rumors about the white MacBook. I mean, there's been updates this soon before. The current model isn't too bad, though. :)

Comment

Dr.Pants

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
Yep. Get my revision C MBP on Tuesday and then they update.

As long as they have expresscard, everything will be right in the world.

Comment

jsmegner

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2010
I just bought a Macbook Pro literally 5 minutes ago. I've been waiting for months and I finally gave up. After the order was completed, I thought I'd check macrumors just for laughs and the first thing I saw was, "new macbook pros tomorrow?" :(

Comment

Redbookpro

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2010
Ffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

this waiting and now being taunted by front-page rumors.

Damn you steve!!! Damn you!!

Comment

wesmhead

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2010
Omg

ive been waaiting for soo long! i have all my money ready, i hope they are in store tommorrow.. i am sooo excited!!

Comment

matthemercyless

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2006
Hull, UK
After many beautiful years together, the time has finally come to part ways with my PowerBook. I've put her through some tough times, especially during university and now the power lead is cracked, the screen latch it broken so she doesn't go to sleep, the graphics card is fried so there are weird lines and artifacts on the screen, the palm rest looks like I took an angle grinder to it and its not attached to the case properly, the 3rd party battery is rubbish the button doesn't click properly.

I've been saving up like crazy for a new MBP with planned after sales upgrades etc, and I'm going crazy here!

Just UPDATE PUUURRRRRLLEEEEAAAASSSSEEE!:(

Comment

rata911

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2006
Uranus
9to5 revoked their statement...

Update: We've received multiple tips that there would be Pro updates in the coming days. This latest one about the MacBook Pros may have been fake. Shame on us.

Edit: Sorry, Esquare was a nano-second earlier than me :p

Comment

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
I just bought a Macbook Pro literally 5 minutes ago. I've been waiting for months and I finally gave up. After the order was completed, I thought I'd check macrumors just for laughs and the first thing I saw was, "new macbook pros tomorrow?" :(

Patience is a virtue, my friend.

Comment

Tux Kapono

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2003
Please delete this hoax of an entry from the Page 2 Rumors. Every second it's up there serves to discredit MacRumors. Seriously.

Comment

wizard

macrumors 68040
May 29, 2003
Get a life or at least stay informed.

finally! I'm waiting to hand my money over for a mac pro, but this is good too. It'd be nice if Apple still saw the Mac as its primary business, but we can't all have what we want..

This attitude is crap! The chips suitable for these machine have barely been on the market and you seem to think it justifies throwing that attitude around. It isn't just Intel either as Apple has to implement a new GPU plan and get all of the new OS components working.

It is far better for the user that Apple takes it's time here to do the system right. Further I suspect part of the hold up is the next release of Snow Leopard an update everybody will want. You do want SL to improve in a positive manner don't you?

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

As an aside I've seen a few posts already from people crying about recently purchased MBPs and the expected soon update. Either get with it or shut up folks. It is not a mystery that a new generation of MBPs are coming. Thus the implication that you really needed those new machines, so these new machines really mean nothing. Otherwise you spent your money on a lark and deserve the frustration you have.

In any event I'm kinda interested in what the Mini might turn into. With the desktops so far ahead of this machine again there is plenty of room for a very significant update. They could turn that optical free model into one hot box with the right chipset.

Dave

Comment

cobalt79

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2010

"Giving up" does not mean buying outdated technology for top dollar. If you were truly giving up on waiting, you should have also given up on Apple -- who did not value your interest enough to give you either a discount or some indication as to when updates would be released.

Comment

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
dam, could you imagine how many happy people their would be on this forum if apple released new mac pros and macbook pros the same day... i think the servers would crash. and the last purchased thread would be over loaded with new mac goodies :p

Comment

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN
As I've stated before, No Way does Apple realease the updated MBPs before the iPad is released!

Yes, I know that they are two different categories, but the MBPs would definitely steal a lot of the iPad's thunder.

I, too, would love to have the MBPs. Unfortunately, we are all just going to have to wait a while longer...

Comment

roxygal9

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2010
FL
In regards to 9 to 5 post i saw someone comment that it was on macrumors hmepage

but when i looked it wasnt

one of my friends tweeted the headline about possible mbp rumors i guess before it went down

what happened?:confused:

Comment

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
dam, could you imagine how many happy people their would be on this forum if apple released new mac pros and macbook pros the same day... i think the servers would crash. and the last purchased thread would be over loaded with new mac goodies :p

And if it all happened on the same day as iPad pre-orders.... :eek:

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.