MacBook Pro Users Express Concerns About Limited Battery Life

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 3, 2016.

1. jediofthecode macrumors newbie

jediofthecode

Ah im sorry to hear that, I haven't owned a macbook pro for about a year, took a break from macs for a while. So far I am satisfied with the new model though, and I got about 9.5 hours yesterday when I was working on some JS development.

2. carloscardona macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Feb 1, 2017 ---
    GOOGLE CHROME is what all these people are using! Does that tell you anything? Chrome is known to be a resource hog, try to NEVER use it on a laptop running on battery power, OK?

3. austintg macrumors member

austintg

What is obviously made up, would you like me to run a screen recording for you?

4. SeattleMoose macrumors 65816

The obvious answer is to remove the headphone jack and not that HUGE trackpad!!! Oh, and keep making it thinner of course.

5. djgamble, Mar 20, 2017 at 12:39 PM
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017 at 12:48 PM

djgamble macrumors 6502a

That's too difficult for Google fans who wanna prove that Apple is rubbish. They would prefer to spend $5k on a computer and then actively search for ways to drain the battery so they can feed their belief that Apple batteries don't work well.

'The new MBP battery only lasts for 5 minutes if I run Google Battery Drain!!! It's essentially Apple's webkit but re-engineered to be slower, more battery-hungry and more Anti-Apple friendly! Anecdotally it renders websites better than any other browser on the market - juat ask a Google fanboy. Upon launch it not only opens a web browser, it secretly opens a bunch of security holes, sends personal data to Google and runs (I dunno) 20 VMs plus 20 high-end games in the background all running intensive fps tests for each tab you have open given the amount of RAM, HD space and CPU/battery power it hogs. Remember, this product is only in beta so things MIGHT go wrong, we won't support it at all and you use it at your own risk!'

My tin hat tells me they intentionally try to drain Apple batteries. But I don't think they are that organised, it's just sheer incompetence.