Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattBP

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2011
First want to say that this is my first post, picking up 17" MBP today! Have jumped over from notebookreview and hopefully can find as good a family here as I had there :)

Now,

Those of you that are comparing crappy Dell Inspirons and the like, these need to be compared to the Macbook, not the Pro. These are pretty crap machines.

I am actually typing this on an XPS 17 and it is definitely the finest PC laptop I have ever used. The build quality is top notch, and it looks beautiful in person. The screen is stunning, sound quality unmatched, and the power under the hood is great. Of course the battery life is pretty poor and yes it runs windows.

Dell's XPS warranty is really different than their normal warranty. I have the accident protection cover and was given this laptop as a replacement for my previous Studio XPS which had a faulty hinge. They upgraded me to a top of the line new model a year after purchase just for a bad hinge. I received an upgrade in every aspect of specs in the replacement so you cannot fault Dell's customer service on their XPS line.

So that being said, it is a great laptop, and if you want to run windows I would say it is one of the, if not the best option on the market.

I have sold it and am picking up my MBP because I have just had the urge to do so for a while. I have always used Windows and Windows 7 is awesome, but I love my iPhone so much and have been playing with friends Macbook Pro's and been getting curiously jealous.

Will let you know how the transition goes!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.