Macbook pro, wait, or buy.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by clR3vv, Sep 6, 2008.

  1. clR3vv macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2008
    #1
    Im getting a mac laptop end of story it will be a used pro due to the bigger screen, and slightly better HD and graphics card. But my main questions is because its becomming the end of the cycle should i wait for the new ones, or should i just wait for the new ones, get an old one before the new ones come out, or get an old one after the new ones come out... im looking for something around theses specs..

    I would like too keep the price around 1800 if possible?

    http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB134LL/A

    http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB487LL/A?fnode=home/specialdeals/mac

    probaly the second becuase the only better thing really is the cards VRAM and i wont use past 256 becuase mine now with 128 can handle warcraft 3 (except in super graphic intence parts) and world of warcraft ( I just tried it once, stupidest game ever i dont know how someone can play that)
     
  2. clR3vv thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2008
  3. Galapp macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2008
    Location:
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    #3
    wait... its been about 6 months without upgrades, and their avg time interval per upgrade is 6-7 months... I'd say wait a little longer!
     
  4. mcflirty99 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2008
    #4
    dude i absolutely despise these kind of topics.


    if you need it now buy it now, if you don't need it now wait
     
  5. clR3vv thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2008
    #5
    I do need it no for school but i can save my school work for home if it means i can get something of higher quality from the new MBP for the same price then i could wait a couple weeks i have been reading its comming out in end of september or mid october. I also saw someone thought it would have the I7 processer aka bloomfeild quad core. So if thats going to be 2000 for the bottem model 2.66Ghz and 200G drive with idk what graphics card. I might as well wait for that one but i just want to know some info on it. Apple is so hidden about their stuff.
     
  6. iSpoody 1243 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2008
    Location:
    Australia
    #6
    lol wtf?
    the i7 processors are all desktop processors.
    laptop i7s wont come out for a year
    lololol
    the next update will be to a 2.53 ghz core2 and a 2.8 ghz core2
     
  7. clR3vv thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2008
    #7
    yea i read about it. :(
    http://www.macrumors.com/2008/08/10/intel-officially-brands-nehalem-as-core-i7-processor/
    it was just a fake on Dig... burry that ****.
    W/e 2.53 Ghz with 2 cores with 4G of Ram should be fine for 2000... The next computer i build is going to have the i7 4Q
     
  8. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

    MowingDevil

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2008
    Location:
    Vancouver, BC & Sydney, NSW
    #9
    If you need it, just go & buy it, what are you waiting for?
    By the time you wait there'll be something newer & better just around the corner...again & again...
     
  9. clR3vv thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2008
    #10
    I need it for computer classes because all the have are HP laptops and i want to work with unix and OSX so im getting something to replace my current intel imac so it needs to have power, why not just wait like 2 weeks and get a new one? I dont need a laptop like right NOW i could always work on my programming stuff at home until i get a laptop.
     
  10. iSpoody 1243 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2008
    Location:
    Australia
    #11
    just do everything i say!!
    wait, the new ones are coming around very soon so you would be a fool to pay such a top price for yesterdays electronics :p:D
     
  11. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

    bassproguy07

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2008
    Location:
    Katy, TX
    #12
    i'm waiting a few more weeks, partly becuse my student loan hasn't come in yet. I might buy a 17 inch old model once the new ones come out if the updates aren't that great. the current ones already have been dropped in price by apple resellers.
     
  12. megamouse macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2008
    #13
    I was going to wait until I heard my friend who is working for one of the OEM sweat shops in China, saying they got 10,000 new notebook (not sure whether it is MB or MBP) ready.

    BUT, but, the QC found two of the screws MAY become loose due to high temperature, so Apple decide the 10,000 units have to go back to the floor and they are working on the issue.

    So, my guess is, they won't come out until October, and when it comes out, the first batch is not perfect. That's why I rushed to Regent Street and picked up my 3rd Mac :p:p:p



    but now it has a spider in it (see my other post) :(
     
  13. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

    MowingDevil

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2008
    Location:
    Vancouver, BC & Sydney, NSW
    #14
    I can tell you one thing, if the new MBP has the same keyboard as the Air or MB thats it I'm going back & buying the Penryn....I don't even care about the nVidia thing anymore...no way am I spending that kind of dough on a chicklet kybrd!
    Serious, the one they have now w/ the backlights is a work of art!
    Just ask the spider!
     
  14. clR3vv thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2008
    #15
    Yea, if they dont change specs and its just a look upgrade ill get like the 2500$ 17 inch ones thats old for like 2000 i hope. So your saying there getting rid of this

    [​IMG]

    for this

    [​IMG]

    ****, why would they do this.
     
  15. Scepticalscribe Contributor

    Scepticalscribe

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2008
    Location:
    The Far Horizon
    #16
    It is the old argument; if you need it, buy now; if you merely want it, wait until the updates. If you want it, but do not wish to spend quite as much money, wait until the update and buy refurb as the discounts tend to be quite generous.

    Do bear in mind that the 17" is not quite as portable as the 15", which to my mind, is the best possible trade off between portability and excellence of screen. Good luck

    Megamouse, I have read your other thread with mingled hilarity, horror and empathy; good luck with it.
    Cheers
     
  16. clR3vv thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2008
    #17
    Yea, thats what im going to due, if its just a look upgrade and is not that great im going to get a refurb 17inch for a good amount off :p
    or just get student discount on the new stuff.
     
  17. clR3vv thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2008
    #18
    I cant wait for this new MBP just when is this baby going to come out. i heard 2-6 Weeks, anyone got insider info?
     
  18. Aranince macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2007
    Location:
    California
    #20
    I'll be waiting for the MBP...been waiting a year now. Hopefully in the next few weeks they will update it. Rumors of this major redesign have been going on since early this year, and still no update. The announcement is about to burst, I can feel it :p
     
  19. clR3vv thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2008
    #21
    Lol next year? Come on dont you follow the sh*t. I too can feel it about to be released, im giving it 2 weeks before i go crazy. APPLE PLEASE :p
     
  20. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

    MowingDevil

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2008
    Location:
    Vancouver, BC & Sydney, NSW
    #22
    I'm thinking you might be going crazy. :p
    Just sayin'

    Hey people have been talking like you since June...

    These boards are starting to feel like the movie Groundhog Day.
    There's serious talk of January 'Ofreakin9.

    Are you waiting for a minor speedbump or the rumoured overhaul redesign?
     
  21. clR3vv thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2008
    #23
    Yum im playing Asphalt4 for my ipod touch its nice... anyways... Im more just looking for maybe a bit better processer i hear about it somewhere, and a new case look with the more curved sides (like all their newer products) they just keep getting better. But i know they are getting it out before christmas so Jan is off limits (thank god/science) so i really think by the end of october they will be out for sure.
     
  22. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

    MowingDevil

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2008
    Location:
    Vancouver, BC & Sydney, NSW
    #24
    Well if they do a minor speedbump in the coming weeks you can probably look to the MacWorld Expo in Jan for a redesign. I'd love nothing more than to be wrong...

    Keep in mind iMacs are due for an upgarde as well and they're probably more of a Christmas concern than MBPs.

    We've already had "guarantees" from posters saying July....August...
    Ever hear of the saying "Fool me once, shame on you..."
     
  23. clR3vv thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2008
    #25
    Hmm yea but i think they want them out for christmas at least. january will be way over their average update times, im thinking a case redesign soon with some minor hardware changes then a full hardware overhaul in january. Witch would make me want to wait but you could always just keep waiting and it most likely wont be that bad that i cant sell my soon to been one for a good chunk of cash...
    Common apple your killing me here.
     

Share This Page