Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BasseyImp

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2008
Cool thanks, I got it for a really good deal, I got a laptop bag chucked in free!

Oh and I ordered on the phone, I got it for £1130.

wingman1659

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
So the computer store that i work for placed an order for MBs and MBPs about 2 weeks ago. We have yet to receive a single thing from those orders. Is it possible Apple is sending out the MB and MBP to have ready to order when they announce them.

MowingDevil

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2008
Vancouver, BC & Sydney, NSW
iMacs more of a Christmas concern?? You're wrong.. Christmas is for iPod's etc.. MAYBE some MB or MBP, but there is not a growing iMac market around the holidays. And de iPods already have an upgrade, so the notebooks will be first in line right now.

You know what, we've been hearing that tale since June around these parts...and you know what, keep saying it and eventually it'll come true. The prophets on forums are amazing that way. Like 1-800 psychics, they throw enough **** on the wall some of it will stick. Yes eventually they'll update the laptops...next.

Before you come out and say that I'm "wrong" (what are you the supreme forum judge or something?) why don't you NOT take what I said out of context. I said iMacs were MORE of a Xmas concern than MBPs. How many MBPs do you think they sell at Christmas compared to before to the school rush? All I was pointing out was that iMacs will sell more. Still you're conveniently leaving out what I said earlier in this thread:

Myself, I would have put them out BEFORE the back-to-school rush and did iPods before the Xmas rush.
But hey, thats just me.

My point is since the holiday season is all about iPods these days, why wouldn't they update the line late Oct/early Nov just before the shopping frenzy is getting revved up....instead of early Sept?!? Laptops are big sellers w/ students, it makes no sense to update those once classes are half over and everyone has already picked everything they need and focused on midterms and papers etc.

So then you go and lecture me on how Xmas is about iPods? :rolleyes:

BasseyImp

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2008
How'd u swing that?

Well, he first quoted me a further education price but with the original Applecare price, so I said I won't buy it if we can't agree on a price, so he tried to find a discounted price for the applecare but couldn't. So I said that I didn't want applecare just yet but I will do in the future. I said I'll buy the MBP if you knock off another tenner, but he said that I could have the laptop bag for free instead, so I took that and ordered!:D

Brycew

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2008
good god, dont buy something like that at best buy, their return policy is SHI*. But i heard the case is going to have a "mac book air like look" with the curved edges. I also heard about blue-ray and possibly this processer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrino#Montevina_platform_.282008.29

I would never buy a apple computer from bestbuy, or futureshop. A lot of the time they put returned products back in the box and sell it as new.

Stoked for the new MBP. I'm totally gonna buy it on the 14th

crucesignati

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2008
To buy or not to buy?

dude i absolutely despise these kind of topics.

if you need it now buy it now, if you don't need it now wait

Isn't this to place a speculative question? If you want to post a reply like that, join MacCertainties.com.

Trip.Tucker

Mar 13, 2008
Isn't this to place a speculative question? If you want to post a reply like that, join MacCertainties.com.

I agree with mcflirty99, if you need it now, buy it now. Following the grass is greener philosophy in life gets you nowhere. There are enough dreamers in the world.

Bossmen

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2008
The Netherlands
You know what, we've been hearing that tale since June around these parts...and you know what, keep saying it and eventually it'll come true. The prophets on forums are amazing that way. Like 1-800 psychics, they throw enough **** on the wall some of it will stick. Yes eventually they'll update the laptops...next.

Before you come out and say that I'm "wrong" (what are you the supreme forum judge or something?) why don't you NOT take what I said out of context. I said iMacs were MORE of a Xmas concern than MBPs. How many MBPs do you think they sell at Christmas compared to before to the school rush? All I was pointing out was that iMacs will sell more. Still you're conveniently leaving out what I said earlier in this thread:

My point is since the holiday season is all about iPods these days, why wouldn't they update the line late Oct/early Nov just before the shopping frenzy is getting revved up....instead of early Sept?!? Laptops are big sellers w/ students, it makes no sense to update those once classes are half over and everyone has already picked everything they need and focused on midterms and papers etc.

So then you go and lecture me on how Xmas is about iPods? :rolleyes:

Allright, I'm sorry about the you're wrong part, ofcourse I meant you're wrong in my opinion...

But you still are (in my opinion).. I hope this could be a friendly discussion btw, just saying, before we turn it otherwise ;).. haha

Ok, at first, what do you mean by 'that tale'? Ofcourse you always hear about "I think they're gonna update laptops soon". But they DO update laptops every six months so it's kind of logical... But the new notebook update people are talking about today is indeed an old story, but that is because the update has been posponed several times (problems with nVidea, the new CPU was late, etc..). But fact is that it IS coming. But when, nobody knows, the rumors say oct. 14th but I don't know.. I hope so!

How in pete's sake can you think iMacs are more of a Xmas concern than the notebooks? The iMac market is pretty constant.. It goes a little up after a new update but it's pretty constant.. (I've checked with my local store today, iCentre Amsterdam you can call them if you want). They told me, as I aspected, around the holidays they sell more iPods and MB's.. MBP's also increase a little bit but the Macpro en iMacs retain pretty much constant. iMacs aren't holiday purcheses.. Things like iPods and Time Capsule are. And the notebooks also a little bit. So iMacs aren't a concern at all.. they probably update them at MacWorld...

And about your student argument. I'm a student myself, and many people in my year can't wait for the update and already bought a notebook (apple or non apple). And the student market is the sell-out market you know... Students almost HAVE to buy one, can't wait for the updates.. and there's also the B2B in america... I'm sure you know about it. Isn't there going to burn a little light in you're head right now ;)? Haha, yes!! They wanna get rid of the old models! Why would they update the product before the big student market?? They have to get rid of the old models so they start a very very big student discount (biggest ever) and bye bye old products! It's the perfect marketing plan (but hey, that's apple!)...

But we'll see who will be right! I'd love to continue this discussion (the best way to learn) so I'll be checking for your answer tomorrow!

Good night!

FD23

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2008
Just to add a little fuel to the speculation fire...

I was in my student bookstore intent on buying either a blackbook or MBP cuz im sick of waiting for updates. I was talking to the manager of the store who told me if I wanted a MBP I should wait until tuesday as they are dropping the price of MBP's (only MBP's) to 1599 and 1899 respectively for the 15' ers (did not inquire about 17' as i have no interest.) He mentioned Apple authorized it and wanted to help the store move more product.

Take I immediately thought possible updates but he kinda clammed up when I inquired more about the promo. Anyways Im not claiming anything, just throwing this info out there for the community. Even if no updates occur I could care less as ill be getting a sweet price on a new MBP :D

bplein

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2007
Austin, TX USA
Ouch, my brain hurts reading these posts.

I think the OP needs a new computer because the one he's using is inconsistent in its use of grammar, spelling, capitalization and punctuation. It's obvious!

clR3vv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2008
weirdist thing ever as soon as you said that i got a headache. **** i cant look at the screen, lol werid.

WWJD?

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2008
ASAHHH, I was just aout to buy a macbook pro 15 1 week ago, jaja thanks God I found that a new one is coming.... but i was really upset after last Tuesday "Ipod Rockn" event... I was hoping the MBP would be realeased!! anyway... September 15 WAS also a rumored date... ( I read it in the forum a week ago..) But suddenly Semptember 15 is not a rumored date!!! ( or at least no one talks about it anymore..) and everyone is just focusing in October...!!
See... I would love Apple to make a whole redesign of the MBP but aaahh!!! I cant wait that much!!! I was hoping for the 9th or 12 of Sept... and suddenly people are just going crazy for October 14!!! ahh!! its so confusing!!! want my MPB now!!!!!!!

WWJD?

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2008
could someone who works in an apple store... family... or friends... or anyone!!! who really knows about whats going on with notebooks!!?? and till when we will have to wait!?????? plz guys!!! if u know someone askkk! Perhaps your boyfriend or gf workin there.... dad... mom.... someone!???? i mean... Steve is not the only person in the world who knows!!!!! or well.. perhaps not in apple but... dunno any computer shop who knows about shipments... aww!! it cant be so difficult!!! , or it can!??? ahh!!!

markrivers

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2008
Stevenson Ranch, California
could someone who works in an apple store... family... or friends... or anyone!!! who really knows about whats going on with notebooks!!?? and till when we will have to wait!?????? plz guys!!! if u know someone askkk! Perhaps your boyfriend or gf workin there.... dad... mom.... someone!???? i mean... Steve is not the only person in the world who knows!!!!! or well.. perhaps not in apple but... dunno any computer shop who knows about shipments... aww!! it cant be so difficult!!! , or it can!??? ahh!!!

good luck with this one.
:D

TFMTASAD

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2008
........and it's not like a revision is going to make your computer suddenly self combust and become an expensive paperweight.

It's basically what happened to my old pentium 3 desktop computer back in the days. (It was the fastest PC available at that time.) The day they released pentium 4, my power supply failed and sent a powerful discharge of electricity through my computer. My motherboard and everything that was connected to it melted! It almost caught fire. Even my screen, keyboard and mouse were destroyed.

I switched to mac an hour after this event! Thank you spontaneous combustion!

MowingDevil

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2008
Vancouver, BC & Sydney, NSW
It's basically what happened to my old pentium 3 desktop computer back in the days. (It was the fastest PC available at that time.) The day they released pentium 4, my power supply failed and sent a powerful discharge of electricity through my computer. My motherboard and everything that was connected to it melted! It almost caught fire. Even my screen, keyboard and mouse were destroyed.

I switched to mac an hour after this event! Thank you spontaneous combustion!

Hmmm, maybe it was the ol' "day after the warranty self-destruct" bug trick that they started putting into toasters and other electronics back in the day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.