Macbook Pro with Touchbar Screen Broken

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by magonicolas, Jul 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. magonicolas macrumors newbie

magonicolas

Hello Guys, I have purchase this mac like 2 month ago. Today I tried to close it with the cable as shown in the image, and my screen pixels of the left die, Someone knows if that is solvable? Maybe where the magnets? I really didn't even close it, just tried to close the computer without any force, realize that there was the cable, and when I lift it up is was like that. Help! Don't know what to do.

The screen doesn't have that much black border.. thats where the pixeles died.
    [​IMG]

2. blackberrycubed macrumors 6502a

3. DarkSel macrumors 6502

Really hope you have AppleCare+ because that's gonna cost a fortune to replace.

4. Patcell macrumors 6502

I'm surprised that destroyed the display like that... maybe take it in to the Genius Bar without mentioning the cable and see what they say..? Is that tremendously dishonest?

5. Populus macrumors 6502a

Populus

@Patcell It is not about being dishonest, when we talk about the prices Apple charges you for a screen replacement (4 times more than purchasing it from iFixit and replacing it yourself), but honestly they won't buy it. They won't believe you, and that's because there is a noticeable crack in the screen, if I see it correctly, right? It is clearly an incidental break. If the screen crystal is OK, and no cracks, you can try, and see if you are lucky.

By the way, if you have home insurance, look if it covers you damage on computers by home accident (for instance, something falls upon your laptop and breaks the screen). In my insurance policy I've got this covered, and once my old MacBook Pro fell down to the floor, and the insurance company paid me the cost of replacing the screen (300€).

6. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

It is done and will cost a lot to fix it.

Neighbor left his pen on his keyboard and tried to close it the next morning and the screen was toast.

7. ZapNZs macrumors 68020

ZapNZs

As others have noted, this is going to require replacement and it is going to be billed as accidental damage (instead of mechanical defect) - if you have AppleCare+, the price of the replacement is $99 in the US - if you do not, then this is an out-of-pocket replacement not covered by the standard warranty.

8. jerryk macrumors 68040

I would never do this. I believe in owning up to everything you do, regardless of the consequences.

9. Patcell macrumors 6502

Very true. Also, we drive up prices by not admitting fault.

10. Lars Stenfeldt Hansen macrumors newbie

Lars Stenfeldt Hansen

Just bought the new MacBook Pro 15" and the screen cracked in the righ button corner. I am a an Apple user since 1985, this is very strange as the lid was just closed normally as I always do. The product 8 days old?

11. Frankfurt macrumors regular

Frankfurt