Macbook Refurbished Software

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Ianzandi, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Ianzandi macrumors newbie

Ianzandi

Hello everyone,

I am looking to purchase a Macbook for the first time this weekend. Going to go with the 4GB version of this 2010 Macbook model from Macofalltrades http://www.macofalltrades.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MB-13-24-M10U

My question is, will I be able to download the standard Apple software such as Pages, Garageband, etc for free? It appears to be compatible and able to upgrade to El Capitan with no problem (esp with the 4 GB instead of 2GB). Being a refurb, Macofalltrades says that it does not come with the apps pre-installed. Will it really be as simple as downloading the apps for free from Apple's website, or will there be a charge somewhere in there?

2. madgibbon macrumors member

The Mac has to be purchased new or Apple Certified Refurbished after October 16 2014. As you aren't purchasing from Apple I don't believe you will qualify for the free software.

3. phillyboy82 macrumors regular

phillyboy82

^^ Yeah, I recall the same thing with it needing to be new or certified refurbished. I don't recall what the purchase date had to be after though, so I will go with October 2014 as well :D

4. Jack Neill macrumors member

Jack Neill

Its also tied to your Apple ID so if you had them before you can redownload them from the MAS