MACBOOK SOLD OUT AT BB

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by RUGGLES99, Mar 12, 2016.

1. RUGGLES99 macrumors 6502

Looks like bestbuy has dumped all the old stock to make way for new revision. I could not order a base online, in chat, or by person. Wanted to get one for my wife, open box or new. nada now.

2. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

Just checked my local Best Buy and they still have all colors and both configs available for pickup today and/or shipping with delivery by Wednesday.

YMMV

3. The Clark macrumors regular

The Clark

4. OldMike macrumors 6502

OldMike

I just checked and I am still seeing open box for $909 (base) in stock near me, and new unopened $999 (base) in stock and available as well. Both are also available for shipping still as well...

Obviously I have been following this closely, but still cannot pull the trigger. Really looking for an update. I could have bought the Macbook for the same price in December, so I don't see why I am so hot to get it now, a few months later and closer to an update, for the same price.

In the end, I will probably just wait until I can find Gen 2 Macbooks going on sale for the same price we are seeing these now - even if it means waiting until December (oh, the horror :) )...

5. CjonesHouston macrumors 6502a

CjonesHouston

My BB in Houston had a gold MB 12 available for 999. I picked one up.

6. RUGGLES99 thread starter macrumors 6502

i guess they are available in various parts of the country but in sw ct. as of today.

7. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

I just got back from McDonald's and they are all out of french fries. McDonald's is discontinuing french fries!

BJ

8. RUGGLES99 thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually, according to the mcdonalds' forum an update for fries is rumored to be announced at the BIG event skedded for march 22. There may be some big surprises above and beyond all the mc fanbois rumors and the claims being made by the burger king dissenters. STAY TUNED!!!!

9. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

would any of you trust a base model for 800 dollars open-box? i just called and its the last one they have.

10. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

Sounds like it was returned, still seems to work, and they want to get rid of it, or it's been used in the store for months.

Personally, I'd gladly pay more for a sealed box.

11. BigCTM macrumors newbie

For sure...exact same warranty as a new one...

12. noobinator macrumors 601

I bought a 10% off coupon on eBay for $20 to save $100 and got a brand new MB for $899. I considered used but for only $99 extra (+ the $20 for coupon), I'd rather have new.

13. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

after talking to the guy, it was a display model with a new battery put in a couple days ago, there was some wear on the bottom of the casing and i decided not to get it.

14. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I was thinking the OP meant you cannot order them online anymore. Obviously the local stores will still have stock, but it you cannot place an order for delivery....that may mean something.

15. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

As I stated in post #3, I can still order all options (3 colors, 2 configs) for delivery by Tuesday/Wednesday. Still calling BS on OP's post.

16. noobinator macrumors 601

When I bought mine yesterday it had shipping available for all colors in the base model in addition to store pickup at tons of stores in my area.

17. RUGGLES99 thread starter macrumors 6502

It's a steal. Bb gives you 14 days to return, and u get full apple warranty. Unless the screens cracked or something horrific like that, snap it up.

18. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

Frylake!

BJ

19. alamagator macrumors newbie

On open box items, Apple's warranty and Apple Care start from date of original purchase. Bought Apple Care on an open box MacBook. Was advised by Apple that I had to forfeit 6 months of Apple Care because it goes back to date of original purchase.
    Careful peeps. You will get a warranty, just not a full one.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 13, 2016 ---
    You purchased this product as open-box, demo, or pre-owned. For these products, the date of purchase is based on the date of the original retail purchase.

Stephanie
    AppleCare Agreement Administration

20. RUGGLES99 thread starter macrumors 6502

But try and actually place the order. Aint happening, dude. The ads are still there to order on bb.com., but the order wont be accepted and actually go through. I tried yesterday (sat) and today, so dont question me about. I have nothing to gain, and have been trying to order one for my wife. Dont be a d**k.

21. dwfaust, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016

dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

While you were busy running your mouth, I just ordered one... got confirmed delivery for Wednesday, March 16.

Attached Files:

22. cis4life macrumors regular

Same here,
    Order one and picked it up today. SG, 512gb with Mover Coupon (got it from eBay).

23. 2457244 macrumors regular

Haha.. If that Best Buy Store was located in New York I would fly from Europe to New York just to pick him up myself.

In Europe the lowest price I've seen is about 1500.- USD for that machine. You're buying a Mac, it's not they will give it for free tomorrow. ;)

24. MI MacGuy, Mar 14, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016

MI MacGuy macrumors regular

The hard part too is when will the $300 off be over? This week? After the Monday conference? It's hard to be on the fence knowing that the sale could disappear whenever.

FYI, a BB rep online just confirmed that the $300 sale is ending March 27th.