Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hootansharifian

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 25, 2014
Hi!
So I was planning to buy a new Mac for a friend but I can't decide which one to get. She mainly uses her current computer to watch movies (she watches a lot of movies actually), browsing internet and Spotify.
So nothing hardcore. But I don't know if I should get Macbook 2016 or Macbook Air 13". Any suggestions? Does the Macbook 2016 gets very hot if you watch a lot of movies?
Really guys, any suggestions are welcome, thanks :)

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
That sounds Like someone who doesn't need ports and would appreciate the best screen on Mac notebook I'd go with the MacBook.

bingeciren

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2011
I switched from MacBook Air (11" i7 2.0 ghz) to MacBook (m7). I cannot feel any loss in performance especially while watching movies, AirPlay to ATV, Spotify and surfing the web.

It doesn't get any hotter than my Air, so heat and performance does not seem to be an issue here.

Also, 13" Air is bigger, heavier and the display has lower resolution.

I'd say go with the MacBook. I'm sure she will be delighted, and if she is not happy for any reason, you can return it within the 14 days no questions asked period.

fierarul

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010
I would get the MacBook because it is dead quiet and will remain so for its entire lifetime. I doubt it will get hot -- you could always test it and return it if you don't like it.

CrystalQuest76

Suspended
Dec 14, 2015
West Cost A Lot
Since you don't need the extra ports or processing power go with the less expensive choice. Apple corporation does not need your extra money. Tim Cook will just park it in europe and not use it for paying taxes that fund things like roads, bridges and public health.

Save your money for a rainy-day or your eventual retirement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.