MacOS Mojave - App Compatibility

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by BasicGreatGuy, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. Elebato macrumors newbie

Elebato

TextWrangler is dead, is has been superseeded by the free version of BBEdit. The non-paid Version of BBEdit offers the same functionalities TextWrangler had and works without problems in Mojave.

2. macbookpro13 macrumors member

How has printer software compatibility been? My Canon all-in-one is a 32 bit application so I am afraid of upgrading to Mojave.

3. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

32-bit apps are supported in mojave; it's next year's OS that will move exclusively to 64bit.

4. cateye macrumors member

cateye

Anyone out there using Font Explorer X Pro that can comment on Mojave compatibility? Current version is 6.0.5. No word from the (traditionally pretty slow) developer, so I thought I'd see if anyone had any hands-on experience. It's a critical piece of my workflow as a designer. Thanks!

5. mike_r_c macrumors newbie

Google file stream (27.1.49.2230) locks up on Mojave 10.14. Fresh OS install and drive wipe.

6. swandy macrumors 6502

I see from the "apps that work list" that Codeweaver's Crossover is listed. Does that mean that an old Windows app (Lotus Approach) which I have gotten to work under HS will also work when I upgrade to Mojave? Thanks.

7. meteor71 macrumors newbie

I have an Epson WF-3540 printer and compatibility has not been a problem for me since I upgraded to macOS Mojave. I use applications like Microsoft Office, PDF Expert, and PDFScanner as well as Apple's own Image Capture and have not had any problems whatsoever.

8. Truyrhtbtfyjn macrumors newbie

Truyrhtbtfyjn

Keynote animation is super buggy. I can animate fine, but when recording but especially when exporting it’s rubbish.

9. don1138 macrumors newbie

Anyone having trouble getting Go2Shell to install in Finder toolbar?

I think it was working when I updated to Mojave, but now it's gone and won't re-install in toolbar.

10. ultradk macrumors newbie

ultradk

Unison not working..
    Sonos is also in trouble in Mojave

11. dwfaust macrumors 601

dwfaust

PathFinder 8 is a mess on any platform, but the way Cocoatech has tried to do dark mode on Mojave’s is an abomination. And their ‘support’ is virtually non-existent. That’s a huge shame because they used to be good, responsive and helpful.

12. Droid13 macrumors regular

The list of apps that are working includes Caffeine 1.1.1 (http://lightheadsw.com/caffeine/). However, I have found that it is not working at all - although it appears to load, filling the cup with coffee doesn't keep my MacBook awake anymore; the screensaver just kicks in anyway.

Before I edit the Wiki, can anyone else verify?

13. Zax, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2018

Zax macrumors newbie

Anybody else here is using Adobe Director? I would like to confirm a couple of issues. I cannot create projectors unless I exclude all the Xtras. Maybe the problem is in my machine only?

14. antibolo macrumors newbie

I assume Lightroom Classic is fine now? It has been updated recently.

15. Tech198, Oct 20, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018

Tech198 macrumors G5

https://www.codeweavers.com/about/blogs/rabhiram/2018/6/26/the-good-the-bad-and-maybe-not-so-ugly

The take-away, is "they CAN offer 64 bit for Mojave" .

I've been using Wineskin (winery) with HS, and it continued to work after Mojave upgrade.. http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-view_blog_post.php?postId=87

The only thing is brakes if "Auto detect GPU" for DirectX, which i had to disable, but part from that, everything still works.

I know this is a feature of Wineskin, but i think its always on in Crossover:

https://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?t=27;mhl=123990;msg=123978

Can sometimes cause issues, but may be ok.

16. yellow8 macrumors member

yellow8

PDFZone is now fully compatible with macOS Mojave!
    Also support the Dark Mode :cool::)

17. Starman535 macrumors member

Starman535

--- Post Merged, Oct 23, 2018 ---
    I think Mojave is the OS from Hell. This OS bricked my 2015 I5 2.5 Ghz Macbook Pro by deleting ALL my account passwords, so I couldn't even get logged in. Need to restore High Sierra from backup, unless someone knows a fix for this.

18. dwfaust macrumors 601

dwfaust

This is the first that I’ve seen/heard of this. I’ve upgraded 4 Macs of varied vintage and configuration. No such issues here.

19. Starman535 macrumors member

Starman535

Its odd, perhaps, but I have 16 Gb of RAM on my Mac. The first time, the install failed, and I stopped it after 6.5 hrs of no activity. Restored High Sierra from the latest time machine backup. Second time, It seemed to work, but I couldn't log on as all the account passwords were corrupt, including a guest account that had no password. Reason for upgrade: *&^$%*$%* Microsoft puts an expiration date on Skype, which I use to communicate with the Grand Children.

20. MacJunk macrumors newbie

I am experiencing this with the BruceX benchmark project on the latest FCPX (10.4.3) and Mojave 10.14 (18A391)

Running FCPX on High Sierra on my 2015 13" MBP (base model basically i5, 8GB RAM) I could scrub seamlessly through the timeline with instantaneous preview and export took 1:30 or so. just switched over to a 2014 15" MBP with i7 and 16GB RAM, significantly more power and scrubbing is jerky and not smooth and export took twice as long. After upgrading to Mojave on the previous laptop it's now doing the same thing.

Anyone else having these issues?

21. Tech198 macrumors G5

Wineskin is broken.. in Mojave..... It may work, but not always. Most likely Winetricks crashes as well.

App opens sometimes, depending on the app.. it may not even open at all.. and no error popup.

22. PitBullCH macrumors newbie

PitBullCH

Anybody had any joy with a Canon CanoScan 9000F ?

Been very happy Canon updated the drivers and MP Navigator for each OSX/MacOS update in recent years, but so far nothing for Mojave in their downloads section, and the Sierra/HighSierra version just crashes immediately :-(

23. ferences macrumors newbie

ferences

24. Hawaiian Starman macrumors member

I tried PF8 (trial) for 10 minutes…immediately went back to PF7. Hard to believe Cocoatech released 8. As you say, quite a mess. PF7 works without issue on Mojave.

25. tommiy macrumors member

Tuxera NTFS 2018, Mojave, VMWare Fusion 11 on a 2017 MAC results in a kernel lock when shutting down a VM. Need to power off the MAC by the power button.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.