Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iLiztech X

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2023
I recently bought an iMac Late 2013 that supports up to Catalina, but with OCLP I updated it to Ventura 13.4.1, the system was installed and the patches well but then I turned it off and when I turned it back on the system load well but when the screen of the choose user when I chose a user the screen was turned off for half a second and then appeared on the screen to choose user so in an infinite loop and even the screen would turn off at times without me touching anything, I had something similar happened in a virtual machine with host in Ubuntu and had OS X 10.8 only with white screen. Does anyone know why it happens and how I solve it? ⌘🥵

davidlv

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2009
Kyoto, Japan
I recently bought an iMac Late 2013 that supports up to Catalina, but with OCLP I updated it to Ventura 13.4.1, the system was installed and the patches well but then I turned it off and when I turned it back on the system load well but when the screen of the choose user when I chose a user the screen was turned off for half a second and then appeared on the screen to choose user so in an infinite loop and even the screen would turn off at times without me touching anything, I had something similar happened in a virtual machine with host in Ubuntu and had OS X 10.8 only with white screen. Does anyone know why it happens and how I solve it? ⌘🥵
First, you are posting in the wrong thread. There is a special thread just for unsupported Macs and OCLP:
macOS 13 Ventura on Unsupported Macs Thread | MacRumors Forums
Ask there and you will find many experts and people with lots of experience working with OCLP across a wide range of hardware. In the current thread, I doubt you will get nearly as much response.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.