Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnmarki

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2020
For me, besides every iMac, the iPod lineup was the most exciting to unbox and dive into. Glad to see an individual/s at Apple have a sense of humor or nostalgia left in them. I will absolutely break out my shuffle and sync it just for some fun.

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004

Crowbot

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2018
NYC
I wanna know what the hell Apple was thinking when they made this. Did they think everyone would handle pausing from the crap earbuds? What if you didn't use the dirty buds and used better headphones? Then suddenly you no longer had any way to pause or resume.

We need DankPods to make a vid on this crap nugget
I don't know about you but I clipped mine to my bag strap or shirt collar. The buttons were quite accessible. It was perfect for my walk to and from work.

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
I don't know about you but I clipped mine to my bag strap or shirt collar. The buttons were quite accessible. It was perfect for my walk to and from work.

I think you're talking about the Shuffle on the main article. I'm talking about the gumstick Shuffle

This thing:

ipod-shuffle.jpg

Reactions: orbital~debris

psxp

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2008
Why would anyone still own one of these? They were horrible to start with no screen

why? Well because it works fantastic as a audio player for sports like skiing/snowboarding, where you can just clip the player on your sleeve or jacket like a remote control. Infact Burton made a line of jackets they had a place for the apple remote or this style of player.

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
The Shuffles were good. They were cheap, small, and could hold an entire playlist. Useful for just plugging into a car stereo or a outside speaker, especially the USB stick iPod Shuffles

It was the gumstick Shuffle that was horrible since it didn't have any buttons whatsoever.
I guess I can't relate. never been a playlist person and I hate my music on random. always had to pick what album I'm in the mood for and these things made that impossible. I had iPod classics only back in the day. but either way these days ya can just load whatever on your phone or watch

Reactions: xpxp2002

Lounge vibes 05

macrumors 68040
May 30, 2016
Why would anyone still own one of these? They were horrible to start with no screen
They were also only $50.
Meanwhile, the entire rest of the iPod lineup was in the hundred to multiple hundreds of dollars.
At the time, the iPod shuffle was really the best stocking stuffer for any Apple fan.
Just cheap enough where you could buy one without much concern.
Kinda like the AirTags today, great stocking stuffers, and even if you don't really want one, you'll probably eventually find a purpose for it.

• Love
Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.