MacRumors Fantasy Football Thread

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
Carlisle, Up Norf!
Real football, if you like football that isnt round then you need not read on.

So we didn't get mixed up with our usual football banter we needed a thread for our Fantasy Football League Discussions.

The MacRumors Fantasy Football League is done on the official PL site, which is here, so go on there and join us.

Thanks to pknz who setup our league. This can be accessed by joining League number: 653236-172561

Anything else and I'll edit this post.

Discuss away. :)

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Team - Bushey

Bloody Ronaldo getting sent off. From MOTD it seems like such a minor thing although they didnt really have a good angle of it.

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Apr 1, 2005
Just added my Bristol Tigers. Hopefully they will do better than the jokers I have picked for the Sun fantasy football!

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Best. Attitude. Ever. :D

So how do you actually look at other peoples teams?
I think you can't see other people teams yet who haven't play a match, for example I can see Pawel Kaniuk's (pknz i'm assuming) team by clicking on his name and then the game week. In case you can't see them i've put the team that i can see up

pknz team - " pie"

Hahnemann, Ferdinand, Ingimarsson, Dunne, Shorey, Fabregas, Arteta, Boateng, Kilbane, Berbatov (C), Johnson, Reina, Finnan, Gamst Pedersen, Samaras

Steven Brown - "The Brown Bears"

James, Evra, Ingimarsson, Boyce, Shorey, Jenas, Ronaldo, Essien, Parker, Taylor, Kuyt (C), Given, Owen, Rozehnal, Zamora

My team - "Bushey"

Reina, Richards, Heinze, Agger, Shorey, Gerrard (C), Boateng, Reo-Coker, Bendtner, evez, Forssell, James, Ronaldo, Essien, Primus

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
Carlisle, Up Norf!
Yeah, I thought so. Well I suppose we could share, mine (Microstars UTD):

Gordon, Corulka, Ingimarsson, Ferdinand (Rio), Nosworthy, Wright-Phillips, Scholes, Gerrard (C), Elano, Healy, Martins.

Subs: James, Terry, Hargreaves and Chopra.

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Apr 1, 2005
Mine is:

Friedel

Richards Terry O'Brien Lescott

Osman Lampard Scholes Dempsey

Drogba Torres

Subs:

Schmeichel Volz Muamba Bianchi

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
Here are your Gauchoholics:

Van Der Sar

Lescott Traore Chimbonda

Fabregas (C) Hleb Johnson Smertin

van Persie Drogba Anelka​

Subs are Friedel, Cahill, Barry, Taylor

Lord Blackadder

macrumors G5
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Cleveland FC joins the league:

James
Carvalho Bocanegra Evra Ben Haim
Campo Giggs Gerrard (C) Dempsey
McBride Kuyt​

Subs: Crouch, Nolan, Schmeichel, Spector.

I spent all my cash....probably not a good idea.

simontarr

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2006
England
The Flying Mongooses are here!

We are top of the league, I say, We are top of the league!

EDIT- I had to make transfers...got 8 points deducted. That sucks.

simontarr

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2006
England
Official MR League- Inspired!

Latest news from the dugout- The Flying Mongooses are now known as Athletico Tarr. Imaginative, I know.

Is anyone taking part in the F365/Sky league? I made a post about it a while back, but I think it's slipped into the depths of the MR archives. I'll resurrect the league if anyone fancies joining. The official prem game is much better, though.

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
I think you can't see other people teams yet who haven't play a match, for example I can see Pawel Kaniuk's (pknz i'm assuming) team by clicking on his name and then the game week. In case you can't see them i've put the team that i can see up
Yep, thats me, and you should be able to see each others teams after gameweek 3 closes (18th Aug 11:30BST) or after gameweek threes matches are all complete.

Good luck everyone.

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Apr 1, 2005
You think you have it bad with the officials, I had that dopy idiot Clint Dempsey who managed to miss from less than 3 yards against the 'Boro yesterday. Useless prat! at least I have hit the big 40! Woo-Hoo.