MacRumors Official Nike+ October Challenges

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ziwi, Oct 1, 2007.

1. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

Congratulations to QCassidy for winning the September Distance Challenge. Welcome back and nice running. Twood came in 2nd - good consistancy.

The year is winding down with 3 months to go. We are heading into the gaining time of year so it is important to keep the running up and keep the weight off.

I need to formulate some group and/or team oriented challenges. Ideas are welcome and thanks for the ideas so far.

We could set a distance goal that collectively as a group we should try to get to. I still like the idea of keeping the majority of challenges invite only, but I imagine we could open one or 2 up to the public if it was an us vs them type of challenge. I will come up with something new for November / December to replace some of the normal ones.

Thanks for everyone who is participating. If I set up a goal for our group your distance in the past will be used as an idea of what we can do as a group and then bumped up to challenge us all.

Perhaps for the November and December time frame we can have 2 teams with QCassidy and Twood being the captains (Since they are the only two who ever win ;) ). They can spend this month creating / drafting their teams and then based on the number of participants in each team we have a x hundred mile race to the end of the year starting in November...?

2. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

sounds like you have some great ideas. Thanks again for organizing all this ziwi. :)

3. ziwi thread starter macrumors 65816

ziwi

No problem - I should mention, before I forget - I was a day late and a 'mile' short on the October so it is a 30 day versus 31 day challenge that starts accumulating tomorrow.

QC - like the team idea? You will have to start thinking of who to take - maybe we can flip a coin to see who goes first...:)

4. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

thanks again ziwi :)

sounds good. we can do the team thing if you want, or you could just randomly pick the teams for us. either way you want to do it.

setting a group goal for a certain number of miles is a good idea also. i say we go for 1500? (not sure how we did before as a whole)

5. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I do like the team idea. 1500 sounds like a lot... were we even close to that last month?

6. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

just means we gotta get more than 3 people over 100 miles for the month

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

8. runningman macrumors regular

I was set up for chicago but have been battling back from injuries but would be interested in your Nike + if room is still available. I'm back to approx 15 - 20 week and hopefully will be 25 - 30 by end of november.
    Thanks,

9. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Winter is too bloody cold! I'm putting away the runners and putting on my rock climbing shoes (indoors). But there's no sensor for that ;3

10. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

there's always room. we'd be glad to have you :)

hopefully ziwi will see this. he is the one that has to add you. he'll need either your email address or nike+ id (which is free if you didn't know). you could just send him a PM

oh come on. just put on a few layers before you go. or run on the treadmill ;)

11. Mac In School macrumors 65816

12. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

glad to have you! welcome :)

13. Mac In School macrumors 65816

Thanks. I hope to hear back from him soon. Anxious to get started.

14. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

well blast it all, my right calf is screwed up. :mad: During a 10 miler 2 days ago it felt like it was tightening up with a few miles to go, but I kept going. Then it hurt when I ran yesterday, and I cut the run short. I don't know what's wrong with it, but it feels somewhere between tight and sore. I hope this doesn't drag out...

15. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

he might not send you anything on here, but you should get a email about the challenge from nike

sorry to hear that. my advice is to keep stretching and get "the stick" to massage it out

16. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I think the stretching might be hurting it... it may be strained, rather than tight... :-/

17. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

maybe. just be careful when stretching (don't stretch too far). also ice is your friend

18. Mac In School macrumors 65816

19. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

check your emails....did you send him (ziwi) your nike+ id?

20. ziwi thread starter macrumors 65816

ziwi

I did get a PM and applied the Nike+ id, but it is case sensitive and he PM'd Heavydoody - so I just did the email and it worked - HeavyDoody like his name here - one can never be too sure...all is well now and he is in.

21. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

that's good that ya'll got it worked out. :)

thanks again ziwi ;) let me know if you need help or anything related to this

22. Mac In School macrumors 65816

23. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

awesome! glad you finally made it ;)

24. ziwi thread starter macrumors 65816

ziwi

So are we going to set up teams for next month? Twood and QC drafting? Or should we wait to start a new format next year?

25. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

let's do something for next month.....we can draft, or you could just pick randomly.....it's up to you. but hopefully more will join even after we start