• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

223742-4670526443_a0d908324d_b_500.jpg

Photo by Adam Jackson
WWDC 2010 is about to kick off with a keynote address on Monday, June 7th at 10am Pacific by Steve Jobs. MacRumors will be in attendance for live coverage. We'll have text and photo updates at MacRumorsLive.com. Our live system also natively supports the iPhone, so you'll also be able to watch real-time updates in mobile safari.

We've also reorganized our official twitter accounts. These include:

@MacRumors - official news
@MacRumorsLive - live updates for events only

We've also set up a Spoiler Free page for WWDC 2010 if you want to watch the keynote without any spoilers. The video is typically posted late in the day following the keynote address. There is no live video feed of the event.

Article Link: MacRumors Twitter Accounts, WWDC Live Coverage and Spoiler Free

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
Since MacRumors didn't mention it, I will.

The keynote address is scheduled to be delivered by Steve Jobs at 10am PDT (1pm EDT) on Monday 7 June 2010 from Moscone Center (San Francisco, California).

Comment

crisss1205

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2008
NYC
How is is a spoiler free stream? Honestly by the time the stream comes up everything about the new iPhone will be on CNN, FOX, NBC, NY Times, and everywhere else.

Comment

koopa35

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
ive nvr been on macrumors for keynote events. is it similar to how gizmodo and engadget do their coverage? with text and pictures?

Comment

Marty Macfly

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2010
How is is a spoiler free stream? Honestly by the time the stream comes up everything about the new iPhone will be on CNN, FOX, NBC, NY Times, and everywhere else.

The stream exists during the keynote, as it is being said by Steve Jobs himself. It's not difficult to simply turn off all other media outlets and view said stream.

Comment

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ

By avoiding such places?

Comment

julien1234

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2010
Even if Steve does dissapoint us, you know we will all be waiting in line for it at the apple store. Or atleast, i know I will be

Comment

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
MacRumors can't control what everyone else does, just what they do.

If you don't want to see spoilers, turn off your computer/phone/TV/whatever that day. It's the same thing with any popular newsworthy event on the Internet (e.g., major sporting events).

It's up to you to bury your own head in the sand, not MacRumors.

Comment

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
Being snide is still rude. Money isn't everything and can easily be lost. Even Jobs knows this.
Jobs knows that Apple Inc.'s primary responsibility is to its shareholders, not to little fanbois, nor to people like you or me.

As a matter of fact, based on Apple's financial performance over the past 5-10 years, I think Jobs has reacted better than any other S&P 500 CEO during that time.

I will agree with you that money isn't everything. You definitely nailed that one! :)

Comment

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
Predictions:

1) The Mac takes the backseat this time. This keynote will be all about iPhone + iPhone OS! That means no Mac hardware updates.

2) No Apple TV, No iPod.

3) Everyone will be disappointed after, no matter what.

4) MacRumors will provide excellent coverage :)

5) I will try and sneak away from work to watch.

Comment

Marty Macfly

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2010
Predictions:

1) The Mac takes the backseat this time. This keynote will be all about iPhone + iPhone OS! That means no Mac hardware updates.

2) No Apple TV, No iPod.

1. I'd say definitely.
2. Not so sure about the Apple TV, but obviously not iPods. September every year for them.
3. Aren't we always? :D
4. Given that he has a new liver, Steve probably won't die again, so I buy this.
5. And I'll probably make an excuse in some way to do the same. :cool:

Comment

tac22

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
lol, spoiler free... i tried to do that last year, but gave up... it took sooo long, plus i was disappointed in the fact that the 3gs looked the same...

This year is going to be better.... even though we know what the new iphone looks like

Comment

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
Predictions:

2) No Apple TV, No iPod.

1. Yes
2. iPod is usually the subject of a September announcement, not WWDC in June. Predicting AppleTV is tough. My guess is that there will be no mention of AppleTV at this keynote.
3. No, some people will be pleased. In the long run, AAPL shareholders will probably be pleased. A lot of fanbois here aren't shareholders though. Shame. They could probably finance their Apple hardware purchases if they had decided to be a part-owner. Oh well.
4. MR will provide excellent coverage of the event itself, of whining non-shareholder fanbois, or possibly both.
5. Good luck.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.