Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rt&Dzine

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
Besides Backtothemac and Desertrat, who here is conservative that posts here often? I cannot think of anyone? Who are they?

These PRSI posters have identified themselves as conservatives of varying degrees . . . Shivetya, fivepoint, Full of Win, iOrlando, Tomorrow, MacNut, obeygiant, sysiphus, sushi, northy124, flopticalcube, dukebound85, Beric, Gray-Wolf

I got some names from this thread:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/841285/

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
These PRSI posters have identified themselves as conservatives of varying degrees . . . Shivetya, fivepoint, Full of Win, iOrlando, Tomorrow, MacNut, obeygiant, sysiphus, sushi, northy124, flopticalcube, dukebound85, Beric, Gray-Wolf

I got some names from this thread:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/841285/

Thanks for the list, I do know about iOrlando and fivepoint, but forgot about them. Yes, I like their posts and contributions here.

As for the others, I never got the feeling they were what I would consider conservative (at least in the Bush-Cheney mold).

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
I broke the mold. :cool:

Seriously, I just think for myself. Either it lines up with what other Republicans think or it doesn't.

That's the feeling I got from most of the list.

As for fivepoint, sometimes I think he is a Republican the same as InTheNet, but at other times he seems like a Libertarian, where my tendencies lie (according to the political compass, and many ideas I have held for a long time, but didn't know they were Libertarian).

My socially liberal views and strong belief in personal liberty and personal rights were ideas that I mistakenly thought were originally the Democratic Party's ideas, but then I found out the core of social liberalism is more than half of the platform of the Libertarian Party. The remaining 40% percent of the LP stems around fiscal conservatism and I only agree on about what half of the LP says on that.

I liked what the Green Party says about personal liberty and freedom so I went with them for POTUS in 2008. Some say I voted for McCain-Palin by going Green Party, but I actually voted Green to help a socially liberal cause, not help John McCain. Many Democrats will disagree with me.

rhsgolfer33

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2006
Besides Backtothemac and Desertrat, who here is conservative that posts here often? I cannot think of anyone? Who are they?

Sometimes abercrombieboy or leekohler may take a conservative stance on an issue, but they are among the more visible liberals here.

I align myself as a fiscal conservative. Not as much on some of the social issues. I guess you could call me a moderate or even a libertarian to an extent (since there are more than a few Republicans who probably wouldn't want me in their party).

As for who I follow:

leekohler - good posts in the PRSI and elsewhere; always well informed with an interesting take, though we do disagree often.

badandy - similar views on a lot of things, as well as a mutual accounting interest.

Skunk - probably the wittiest and most informative posts in the fewest lines.

63dot - usually has an interesting take or experience to relate.

Abstract - usually has something that'll make me laugh; well informed and interesting contributions to many PRSI and other threads.

Eraserhead - like the perspective from across the pond; offers some interesting points, particularly in PRSI.

Mactastic - don't think we've ever agreed but man can he argue well and usually has something interesting to say.

And many others that I can't recall at the moment.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Without you, Macrumors would be simply a loud liberals self congratulatory website with a few very non-vocal moderates who may have voted for McCain but are ashamed to say so. ;)

That is not in fact true. There are a number of thoughtful conservatives here.

skunk is correct, there are others

They may not be as vocal or as prolific in their posts, but they keep their eye on the pulse and comment from time to time when appropriate

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
That's the feeling I got from most of the list.

As for fivepoint, sometimes I think he is a Republican the same as InTheNet, but at other times he seems like a Libertarian, where my tendencies lie (according to the political compass, and many ideas I have held for a long time, but didn't know they were Libertarian).

My socially liberal views and strong belief in personal liberty and personal rights were ideas that I mistakenly thought were originally the Democratic Party's ideas, but then I found out the core of social liberalism is more than half of the platform of the Libertarian Party. The remaining 40% percent of the LP stems around fiscal conservatism and I only agree on about what half of the LP says on that.

I liked what the Green Party says about personal liberty and freedom so I went with them for POTUS in 2008. Some say I voted for McCain-Palin by going Green Party, but I actually voted Green to help a socially liberal cause, not help John McCain. Many Democrats will disagree with me.

How about we leave the PRSI crap for the PRSI forum?

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
How about we leave the PRSI crap for the PRSI forum?

You are right. I forgot and I should know better.

I am the idiot who got political here in 2001 in the community section and then the mods made the political section as a sub section. I don't know whether to be embarrassed or be proud. Now I am working on three local campaigns and I have used MR to get me there. ;)

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
I align myself as a fiscal conservative. Not as much on some of the social issues. I guess you could call me a moderate or even a libertarian to an extent (since there are more than a few Republicans who probably wouldn't want me in their party).

As for who I follow:

leekohler - good posts in the PRSI and elsewhere; always well informed with an interesting take, though we do disagree often.

badandy - similar views on a lot of things, as well as a mutual accounting interest.

Skunk - probably the wittiest and most informative posts in the fewest lines.

63dot - usually has an interesting take or experience to relate.

Abstract - usually has something that'll make me laugh; well informed and interesting contributions to many PRSI and other threads.

Eraserhead - like the perspective from across the pond; offers some interesting points, particularly in PRSI.

Mactastic - don't think we've ever agreed but man can he argue well and usually has something interesting to say.

And many others that I can't recall at the moment.

I love you too, golfy. :)

And everyone on your list too. I think we can all agree that Badandy is the s***. I hated him at first too. See- we do change our minds around here. ;)

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Maybe one of these days I will attend a gather up and put some faces to some names.

I'm sure I'll be surprised:)

Too bad you're moving. I may be going to to Toronto in the next few months to visit Iscariot again. It would have been closer for you to get there from NY than from Colorado! Oh well, I missed my chance. It's a shame you couldn't make it last time.

iOrlando

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
yes i'm conservative, but I got banned for a little bit thanks to my infamous "christmas" threads in the PSRI. so lately I've been keeping to the community forums because I like to actually talk about apple products, and I hated not seeing the comments during my exile period.

Fiveos22

macrumors 65816
Nov 20, 2003
I don't find this marginally creepy, I find it exceptionally creepy. I follow no one, and I am relieved to note that no one follows me.

I agree. In other forums I would be considered a lurker, but that pertains to just general use of the forum... not particular to people of the forum. That said, there are a few notable personalities around here that are consistently entertaining and establish enough of a culture around here that the new folk tend to conform to (rather than continuing with their +1 ways).

I applaud the many personalities encountered here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.