MacUpdate Fall Bundle: 12 Mac Apps for $49.99

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 9, 2010.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A few times a year, MacRumors partners with MacUpdate to promote their Mac application bundle deal. Their latest bundle delivers at least 12 Mac applications for $49.99 (a $443 value if all purchased separately) including:

Toast 10 Titanium ($99.99) - popular disc burning utility and media to iOS-friendly conversion
    Live Interior 3D Standard ($49.95) - powerful interior design app
    My Living Desktop ($34.95) - add a video desktop and screensaver to your Mac
    Espionage 2 ($34.95) - encrypt and password protect individual folders, and interact with them straight from the Finder
    ShareTool 2 ($25) - ShareTool enables Macs on different networks connect with each other as if they were on the same network, even if they're on different continents.
    Get Backup Pro ($39.95) - backup and disk cloning utility with a file/folder synchronization capability
    Cashculator ($29.95) - personal finance application that focuses on future by forecasting your financial situation.
    MindNode Pro ($24.95) - a mind-mapping application that helps to visually collect, classify and structure ideas
    Concentrate ($29.00) - eliminate distractions by launching the apps you need to accomplish a task, quit the ones you don't, block you from visiting distracting sites like YouTube or social networking
    Voila 3 ($29.95) - a professional/creativity tool that lets you record or capture your screen, then annotate, organize and share those videos and images.

As an early adopter incentive, MacUpdate is offering two additional applications (Compartments, Vitamin-R) for the first 20,000 bundle purchases.

MacRumors is a promotional partner with MacUpdate. Bundle sales through these links benefit MacRumors financially, and provide a way for readers to directly support this site.

Article Link: MacUpdate Fall Bundle: 12 Mac Apps for $49.99

2. ShiftyPig macrumors 6502a

I think this will be a thanks, but no thanks.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Awww hell! I need Toast, the Voila update, and I would love Live Interior now ... off to sell my goddamn blood so I can buy.

PS you need some proofers ... I will help. :p

4. RMo macrumors 65816

RMo

Well ... might be worth it for Toast, if nothing else, although OS X's built-in capabilities do me fine.

5. Xian Zhu Xuande macrumors 6502a

Xian Zhu Xuande

Good price for Toast...

But I wouldn't describe this as '12 Top Mac Apps'.

6. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

Basically Toast for $49.99 as far as I can tell

Will pass on this one :eek:

7. rprebel macrumors 6502

rprebel

Toast for $50 is nice, but I don't see anything else I want. I tried My Living Desktop...it's fun for a few minutes but gets annoying and obtrusive quickly. Also, it's a resource hog.

8. dasmb macrumors 6502

Both Toast Titanium and Live Interior 3D are AWESOME applications I paid $100 for without regret. The rest may be absolute crap and those still make this bundle a must-have.

If you own a home, Live Interior 3D is a must have. It allows you to pretty quickly build a model of your home and visualize it in 3D, accurate to the inch and complete with simulations of light levels throughout the day. We plan every home improvement in LI3D first and we find our satisfaction rate is really high. For example, we discovered that our planned kitchen remodel which looked great on paper would result in an extremely dark space at breakfast time. So we moved the island in the plans and added a skylight. Would have cost us thousands to fix that after it was built...

9. Mac-Mariachi macrumors regular

I find it lacking... always on the lookup for this bundles, as well as the ones from MacHeist, but this one does nothing for me. I´ll pass but wish you luck!

10. calb macrumors 6502

I already have MindNode Pro, and it's the only one in the bundle I'd use. I have no use for Toast, so it's a pass from me.

11. Mac-Mariachi macrumors regular

I agree about LI3D, I bought it from another bundle a couple of years ago... that´s why this bundle is not very appealing to me. If you don´t have it already both Toast and LI3D are a great buy at that price.

12. Detlev macrumors 6502a

Is Toast used to burn movies on the Mac to a disc or the other way around? Can it backup a commercial DVD to a computer?

Can an app really keep from being distracted? MacRumors gets me every time.

MindNode is a good app if you are into mind-mapping.

13. Hellhammer Moderator emeritus

Hellhammer

Toast is the only app I might have use for though not much. I'll pass, have no need for that kind of software plus I could get them for free anyway :p

14. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Not worth it. As a buyer of previous MU and MacHeist bundles, this one is lacking. Nothing really great. Toast is a bit overrated and seeing as 10 came out in Jan 09 and is updated almost yearly, it is long overdue for another update, which will cost $59.99-$79.99 for an upgrade. Nothing else here really stands out except for maybe Compartments. Watched the Vitamin-R video, and sorry buy my opinion, dumb.

ShareTool is about the only real nice app I see.

15. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

as far as i can recall, the macupdate bundles of the last year and a half keeps declining "quality-wise".

16. 3D0G macrumors regular

A lot of people seem to like Toast. Does it really provide anything that OSX and its apps (including iLife) can't do? Or does it just do it with a nicer interface?

17. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Agreed. The last bundle I got (I believe machiest) had a few good apps, iSale, Delicious library (2). Everything else was junk. I tried to use some of those apps but they were incredibly buggy.

18. SayaSe macrumors newbie

19. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

20. Rychy macrumors 6502

I love MindNode Pro and Vitamin R (in it's early stages, but it's being developed fairly rapidly), but since I own them already this bundle isn't doing much for me. The Live Interior app might be nice to play around with though...

21. techapocalypse macrumors member

22. jedijoe macrumors 6502

jedijoe

Toast sucks, it should still be version 5, versions 6-10 were worthless upgrades just to exact another $99 each time from customers.

23. 50548 Guest

How good/effective is Espionage? Can anyone tell me? The rest is pretty much irrelevant, apart from Toast (does it burn Blu-Ray also?)

24. jedijoe macrumors 6502

jedijoe

Agreed. Toast 11 will be out 1-2 months after this is over and they will extract another $79 from users.

25. PyroTurtle macrumors regular

Yes, if you have a Blu-Ray burner it will burn Blu-Rays pretty darn well.