Magic Mouse

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Christopher7, Apr 25, 2011.

?

Do you own Magic Mouse?

1. YES

105 vote(s)
    69.5%
  2. NO

43 vote(s)
    28.5%
  3. What's that?

3 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. Christopher7 macrumors member

Share your experience!
    Do you use the gestures? or just for its appearance?

Lastly, do you find it useful?

2. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

I definitely make use of the gestures. One thing that took me some time to learn, is to not try to hold it like a regular mouse. You cannot hold this thing like a regular mouse without hurting your wrist. I use it by laying my arm in a manner that puts my wrist flat down, with my 3 middle fingers resting on the magic mouse. The weight of my fingers is enough to move it around, and the position of my fingers makes the gestures easy and natural.

In a nutshell, if you are a gamer, buy something else. Otherwise, this mouse is wonderful once you relearn how to use it.

3. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

I own two of them. One for my laptop, the other for my iMac. I also use one at work. It's a great mouse - Apple's best ever.

4. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

I bought it because I love the Apple design and it's optimized for OS X. Hate the ergonomics though and I wish it supports Expose and three-finger swipe.

5. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I did own the Magic Mouse, it came with my Mac Pro, but I sold the Magic Mouse quickly thereafter. I MUCH prefer my Logitech MX Revolution to the Magic Mouse.

6. mbp17xxx macrumors regular

tried it, didn't like it, too flat for me. will stick with my logitech mice

7. vnle macrumors 6502

Have one and love it. The gestures are really convenient and sometimes when I'm using my mbp on the run with the trackpad, I miss the magic mouse. :p As for the ergonomics of it ... I never had a problem getting use to it. I actually prefer it to the normal designs. :)

8. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

I only use it rarely, I also have a Magic Trackpad and that gets FAR more use.

9. ZombieZakk macrumors 6502

bought one but will be returning it way too small!!!

10. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

+1

It didn't fit my hand well.

11. wingsabr macrumors 6502

wingsabr

it does if you use bettertouchtool.

12. JTToft macrumors 68040

Take a look at BetterTouchTool: http://blog.boastr.net/

13. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

I have one that came with my iMac. Frankly, I don't use it. My desk is a dark wood (espresso) and it has a heck of a time tracking. My logitech has no issues. For this reason, and the fact that it does not fit my hand at all, I am back to using my trusty logitech. I have a magic trackpad for gestures instead.

14. designs216 macrumors 65816

designs216

I like it for surfing the web and the fact that it doesn't require a dongle. But I miss the practicality and ergonomics of my MS Wireless 5K, which is a better tool when working in Indesign and other design apps. With many open windows on my screen at once, I hate having to use key commands for Exposé.

15. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

Cheers guys. Will check it out first thing when I wake up tomorrow! :D

16. iMackPro macrumors 6502

Trackpad > Magic Mouse

I'd never spend my money on such a device when there's one out there that clearly outperforms it. Thats like buying a C2D when you have an i7 right by it for the same price!

I mean seriously!

Trackpad - 69.99
    Magic mouse - 69.99

Why on earth pick the mouse over the trackpad?!?!?!

17. Lumpydog macrumors 6502

An earless mose...

I bought a magic mouse when they cam out to replace my wirelss mighty mouse but HATED that it had no "ears" (side buttons) that I could squeeze to launch Expose. Once I got used to that on the mighty mouse, I use it all the time.

I use my magic mouse for travel - but I find it to be inferior to the mighty mouse.

18. hatersgonnahate macrumors 6502a

i love mine. the only thing that annoys me is it takes a while to connect. its not as instant as i want.

plus i got it for $98 with the wireless keyboard on ebay. brand new.:p

19. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I've never really liked Apple mice, while the Magic Mouse is better with BetterTouchTool, I still prefer the trackpad/Magic Trackpad or Logitech MX Revolution. But to answer the question, I do have two Magic Mice (from work), but I never use them.

20. johnnj macrumors 6502a

High deja vu rating on this thread.

I like them. I like the ergonomics. Feels good and it was most similar to what occupational therapy said my wrist should be doing in my post-CTS release therapy. I dig the swiping back and forth gesture thing.

I didn't like the slow tracking on it, but BetterTouchTool solved that. I also don't like how fast the batteries drain and that sometimes it takes a while to get it to reconnect after changing the batteries.

I have relatively small hands and I can see how folks with larger ones might not be a good fit.

To each his own!

21. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Been using mine since launch day. Love its gestures, looks, size, pretty much everything about it.

22. Inara macrumors member

+2

I used the magic mouse and it is too flat for me. I prefer my razer imperator

23. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

24. M Powered macrumors regular

Had one for about 2 days, returned it and got the trackpad.

25. yayitsezekiel macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

I love my magic mouse - best mouse I've ever used. Really easy to keep clean too.