Magpul Bump Case now shipping

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mike1111, Nov 20, 2013.

1. mike1111, Nov 20, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013

mike1111 macrumors member

Finally, the Magpul Bump Case is "now shipping to dealers and distributors". Anyone got one or saw one yet? How does it compare to the Magpul Field Case? Is it much bulkier?

Update:
    ...and now you can order it directly from Magpul.
    http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG454/125

2. Dascoyne macrumors 6502

Where do I order?
    Where do I order?
    Where do I order?

3. brauliojr macrumors member

brauliojr

Magpul Field is really an awesome case for iPhone 5/5s. Magpul bump is a new model? what is the difference between them?

4. Dascoyne macrumors 6502

It's probably not that much better than your standard field case but I'm a junkie for this kind of junk so I'll be getting one for sure.

5. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

6. Dascoyne macrumors 6502

No.

The bump case was announced long before UAG was a product. I've owned the UAG which is only cosmetically utilitarian. UAG looks really cool. My first one had a faulty button which put slight pressure constantly on the power button. I kept wondering why my phone had trouble powering down or would power up inexplicably. By the time I figured out the problem the damage was already done and eventually my power button no longer worked. If I wasn't still covered by Apple Care I would have gone after them for a replacement phone. For my troubles they sent me another case.

Still being enamored with the look of the UAG I bought one when I upgraded to the iphone 5. After a month the materials started to separate. It seems they join dissimilar materials along regions of stress.

In short UAG is just a pretty face. It's cheaply made and overpriced.

The Magpul case, like their other products, are made to a higher standard. It sounds sound like fanboy-speak but it's literally true. It's a purposefully designed and perfectly fitting case that endures. It's also priced reasonably.

I really, really loved the looks of the UAG but it's really a cheap product. It's not in the same league with the Magpul.

7. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

I will take your word. I had a Magpul case-non bump and while I'm sure it would last a long time, I did not like the material and the feel of the buttons. The rubber/tpu/whatever was just too stiff for me.

8. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I have a Magpul field case for my 5s and I'm not a fan of the sand paper texture at all. It feels very rough on the skin. Hope this one is soft.

9. Partridge macrumors 6502

You realize that they are a manufacturer of weapon grips/magazines/accessories? The grippy but not too grippy sandpaperish texture is the entire point behind the case. I don't think "soft to the touch" is in their corporate vocabulary.

10. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I know they make accessories for guns but I was hoping it would be a little smoother. Got a Diztronic and this one feels like silk. I'm good now.

11. Dascoyne macrumors 6502

I wouldn't call it sandpapery. It's grippy without being abrasive (like sandpaper) or rubbery.

Maybe you don't find it pleasant but it's made to be practical. I enjoy the feel of a smooth case, too, but those do tend to slip.

12. DanUC6 macrumors 6502a

13. DanUC6 macrumors 6502a

Really digging the navy.

Attached Files:

14. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Which one is Navy? The dark grey one?

15. DanUC6 macrumors 6502a

Third one in. That's navy.

16. Dascoyne macrumors 6502

17. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

Dark grey. Looks to be the same colors of the field case.

18. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

+1

19. DanUC6 macrumors 6502a

http://www.webyshops.com/search-results/?search=Magpul iphone 5

Look what I found! They don't have navy :(. No biggie I ordered the FDE.

----------

It is back ordered but hopefully they get them soon. I emailed Magpul and said dealers should be receiving them now.

20. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Anyone ever see a photo of this case from the front side? Lots of photos from the back.

21. Dascoyne macrumors 6502

I think those folks listed prematurely. I'm not ordering from them because they're charging above MSRP and charging too much for shipping.

22. DanUC6 macrumors 6502a

23. Dascoyne macrumors 6502

I would think it's identical to the field case fom the front. I don't know what you'd expect to see. It doesn't cover the front.

24. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Maybe, the photo made it look like it had a black lining on all the colors. Look around the camera cutout. But maybe it is just a Photoshop mistake.

25. Warcake macrumors regular

The orange one looks great with the black accents. Not as bland as their previous orange case. The price is a bit higher than what I had expected tho, given that their previous case was only 10 bucks.