Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

triangletechie

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2017
NC
If you have to worry about $130 -- it's clearly too expensive for you... $130 is well inside of my impulse buy budget, and it's well inside of a LOT of people's impulse purchase budget...
who said I was worried about spending $130? I think it's a complete waste of money to spend $130 on this product. There are plenty of things I would spend $130 on. This crappy charger isn't one of them.

So if you can afford something, you buy it, correct?

WolfSnap

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2012
SoCal
I'm the ideal customer for this, but this thing is just ugly. I'm surprised it is an official accessory. This is probably the most unpleasant thing Apple's ever made.
It's small, and can fit in a suitcase with less bulk than the alternatives. I don't think the target buyer is looking to replace their nightstand charger with this.. But, who knows, maybe I'm wrong??

I just ordered a $100 stand from Grovemade for my desk that requires a $40 MagSafe adapter and a $20 charger. That's WAY more expensive than this and way less useful. But, it's super pretty, so I can enjoy looking at it on my desk. Like I said, lots of people don't care about a few hundred..

Billyk711

Suspended
Sep 26, 2015
on cue, the "apple does everything wrong" crowd has emerged to fight any reasonable facts.
So right, the jealousy is crazy, they just criticize apple all the time, people forget apple is a business and the goal of a business is to make stock holders as much as possible. The stuff apple put out this year during a pandemic is absolutely incredible no one can dispute that

WolfSnap

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2012
SoCal
who said I was worried about spending $130? I think it's a complete waste of money to spend $130 on this product. There are plenty of things I would spend $130 on. This crappy charger isn't one of them.
That's the thing -- I can spend $130 on this **AND** spend $130 on something else too.

dasjati

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2020
I’m generally interested in it. I like that it is compact, even foldable. It looks sleek and simple. Would fit well on my crowded desk. :)

But I will wait for the reviews to come in. And I am also sure that it will come down to at least $99 eventually. I don’t need it now. So I’ll just wait and see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.