Mail Subfolders Notifications

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by Jay-Jacob, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Jay-Jacob macrumors regular

Jay-Jacob

Hi

I don't know if any of you noticed about subfolders mail app notifications not appearing any more since iOS 12 update? Only main inbox notification appear. I have 4 subfolders add to top part of mailboxes page and before iOS 12 if any email arrive that 4 subfolders I get notification but now I don't any more. I hope there fix for this in future.

2. posguy99 macrumors 6502a

I'm not understanding why people are making this complaint. Admittedly, all I can say is "works here", but it does. See screenshot. You can see the sub-folder notification in the center.

iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAABS0AAAo4CAYAAAC8JoK+AAABgmlDQ1BzUkdCIElFQzYxOTY2LTIu-2.PNG

3. Jay-Jacob thread starter macrumors regular

Jay-Jacob

I get 2 more email from subfolders one from 12pm and other around 2pm they didn’t appear notification at all. So there defo problem there and yours working so probably not affect everyone. Some affected like me.

4. ivanwi11iams Contributor

ivanwi11iams

What happens if you reset your device, then have someone send you an email...?

5. Jay-Jacob thread starter macrumors regular

Jay-Jacob

Doesn’t work. Only inbox still. No subfolders. I think have wait Apple fix bug. I search google etc and there no fix far I know.

6. cjdshaw macrumors newbie

The notifications for subfolders have been split out to give you more control. Look under
    Settings > Notifications > Mail > Favorite Mailboxes
    and turn on Lock screen / Banners etc

7. Jay-Jacob thread starter macrumors regular

Jay-Jacob

Brilliant! Thanks. When Apple split that out all my old settings seem be reset nothing. I didn’t know they did that and thanks letting me know! Now I can see notifications for subfolders. First email from sub folders get notification and hopefully all of them will now on.