Major Bugs Still in iOS 7 (no "It's a Beta" Comments)

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by 53kyle, Sep 4, 2013.

1. 53kyle, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013

53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

My iPad 2 is SO buggy on iOS 7 beta 6! Right now every single time I unlock my iPad using a smart cover it will respiring due to "backboardd" crashing. Am I the only one who thinks that this is too buggy to be near release? And, I just opened safari and used the pinch to the home screen. It worked but then I went back to it and my device froze. The only thing that worked was locking it and pressing the lock button, only to find a "blurred" wallpaper and even trying to respiring by covering it with my smart cover and uncovering didn't respring! I really hope these things are fixed by the GM :mad: I also hope that they bring back the visual effects to iPad 2 and 3, it looks ugly without the blur and the performance is actually worse than other betas. Am I the only one with these bugs? Sorry for another beta rant but there really shouldn't be this many major bugs this close to possible release :mad:

HUGE, AMAZING EDIT!: I have finally installed the GM on my iPad and so far it is SO MUCH BETTER! The respring issue- gone, pinch to home screen- fixed, real blur in multitasking and folders is there, no leggy typing, and no slow/choppy animations. Maybe I am just lucky or haven't seen iOS 7 on iPhone 5 but I am happy with how it turned out :)

2. WhackyNinja macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

Its still in development c:

LOL jokes aside

I think the iPad iOS 7 may be delayed from release to work on these major bugs

3. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

I can't wait for iOS 7 to be officially released. :D

4. 53kyle thread starter macrumors 65816

53kyle

Bug with dynamic wallpaper in multitasking, time to report bugs to apple for the third time today:

Attached Files:

5. dcp10 macrumors 6502

These betas are developer previews intended to allow devs to test their apps on iOS 7 and to begin using the new APIs. In no way should they be used to estimate how the final version will work.

6. cookies! macrumors 6502

Siri only works about 25% of the time. Multitasking still lags or crashes. Some menus in settings or stock apps cause crashes. The animation speed is still far too slow for everyday use.

hoping for these fixes by GM

7. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

There are no major bugs in iO7 now. A few minor annoyances but it's definitely good enough for everyone and far more stable and reliable than any Android phone.

8. muuhamed macrumors member

I think you may be completely ignorant of the definition of a developer beta...

By definition beta software is not finished and is known to have bugs, perhaps even serious ones

Note that Apple released iOS 7 as a developer beta, not a public beta, meaning you shouldn't have it if you're not a developer, but, if you are a developer, then you should know better than to complain to us and instead report the bug to Apple. I think it's pretty logical that the bug will be fixed before public release.

My advice to you is to restore your iPad back to iOS 6 and wait for the public release of iOS 7 or the GM

9. JoEw macrumors 65816

JoEw

The iPhone version is much more stable than the iPad one.. I have a feeling we will see iPhone september iOS7. October, new iPads IOS7.

10. benji888 macrumors 65816

benji888

see quote below

^^this Also read post #10, what "muuhamed" posted above.

It's not near release for the iPads, just the iPhones (& iPod touch). Keep in mind, the iOS 7 beta for iPads came AFTER the beta for iPhones, and the iPhones are not having the same issues.

From what I've read, you are not the only one with issues like this. Apple is surely working hard on iOS 7, but, they will finish with the iPhones first. The public release of iOS 7 will come out for iPhones first, then, at least 3-4 weeks later (sometime in October), when the new iPads are ready to ship, the public release of iOS 7 will be made available to iPads.

Maybe when iOS 7 goes public for iPhones (Sept. 18th?), there will be a new beta for iPads, but, who knows :confused:

11. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

It't pretty bad on my iPad 2 as well, but this is the way I look at it. Its almost 3 years old. We are lucky to even be getting iOS 7 on our iPad 2s. iPad 1 didn't get iOS 6, so we shouldn't even have gotten iOS 7. The only reason why I think Apple gave it to us was because they still sell it as a cheaper model, so they feel it is necessary to allow iPad 2 owners to upgrade. Similar to when Apple gave iPhone 3G owners iOS 4. The hardware is just not capable. iOS 7 is almost flawless on my iPhone 5. Minor hiccups here and there but nothing that my iPad 2 experiences.

12. Seandroid macrumors regular

The only major issue I'm having aside from animation glitches/taking too long is that my music skips every time I unlock my phone hahaha.

But I know it will be fixed.

13. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

That happens to me. I find it's an issue when I use the scrubber in the lock screen or CC to fast forward/rewind a track.

14. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

Settle down, it's only a beta.

15. Antgb84 macrumors 6502

I'm chuffed to know the release of GM is coming very soon. I myself noticed a lot of bugs still present in beta 6 and sort of wish they'd push beta 7 out to prove that Apple are hard at work ironing them out, it's a pity beta 7 never came about. I reckon GM would be out 10th we can only hope everything on or the iOS 7 itself runs smoothly enough.

My annoyances, Canadian developers never got the taste of iTunes Radio yet, keyboard native to iOS 7 isn't supported across all apps, apps won't automatically update over wifi, some music glitches etc

16. Gogurt48 macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

iTunes Store crashes just about every time I launch it.

17. Parise macrumors 6502a

Parise

I hate this mindset.

Simply because there are no bugs for YOU does not mean that others are not experiencing issues.

I continually (and yes, I've re-installed multiple times) have issues with Safari force closing and my messages app crashing the second I click on the icon (requiring me to reboot).

18. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

After just dealing with the "Waiting." issue with download apps on beta 6. Only fix that worked for me was to DFU restore. Restoring from back up on iCloud was very slow as well. Not sure what the issue was but it's finally all back to normal now, my home speeds are rather decent, about 20 down and 3 up.

I do have the occasional issue with the multitasking window. When closing apps sometimes it will close the preview of the app, but the icon will stay there and will still launch if you tap on the icon, and then you can re-open the multitasking window to close the app.

Other than these two issues, the last few betas have been strong, but they do not represent the final build by a long shot. I remember reading that Beta 3 was what the partners had at the time of the iOS7 reveal.

19. madsci954 macrumors 68030

It's beta software that is in Apples' hands now as they get it ready for GM. Perhaps iOS 7 for iPad won't launch until the new iPads launch, which probably won't be until October.

All you can do at this point is keep reporting bugs to Apple.

20. CB1234 macrumors 6502a

CB1234

I hate this mindset.

Simply because there are plenty of bugs for YOU does not mean that others are not experiencing 'almost bug free' iOS7.

Just as people who have bugs are allowed to put their gripes on this forum, so are the ones, who point out that they have 'almost no issues' !!

As most people have been saying it since since iOS7 was introduced and people started griping - CALM DOWN IT'S A BETA….

I am sure after GM release Macrumor's will be flooded with plenty more gripes, but until then CALM DOWN.

21. zone23 macrumors 68000

I got to ask IF its so buggy why are you using it? Its not meant for a daily driver. I don't get people at all....

22. iCarabma macrumors 6502

This might be my favorite all time thread. Allow me to paraphrase the OP.

"This software, that is limited to developers to test because it's still a work in progress, doesn't work right all the time. AND DON'T TELL ME ITS A WORK IN PROGRESS"

It reminds me of the time I was baking a cake. I opened the oven before it was done and it tasted raw and terrible. The uncooked eggs made me sick. DONT TELL ME IT WASNT DONE COOKING YET!

Thanks OP!

23. VolceOntra macrumors 6502

VolceOntra

Right, what the hell. No logic what so ever. Clearly it is in Beta and you acknowledge it being so....so where does the confusion stem from. Wait a couple of weeks and complain if the bugs are still present.

24. SakuraSuki macrumors 6502

It is Beta thing really getting old. Dude... I am using developer preview of Windows 8.1... and it is no way crashy like iOS 7 on iPad. By the way, I used all beta version of Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, those are no way close this level. I still remember that I used Windows Vista Beta 3 and Windows 7 Beta 1 and Beta 2 as full time daily OS before.

It is beta thing really not vaild and how are you let developer testing software if it so unstable?

25. zamudiovsky macrumors regular

That used to happen to me and I would get so pissed because I can't change songs on my lock screen or with control center, I have to open the music app...but I don't know what happened and it got fixed by itself hahaha