Making Money at Home with ChaCha!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by l4t13, Jul 23, 2008.

1. l4t13 macrumors regular

Hey everyone, I wanted to post this to see if any other apple fans were using ChaCha to make some extra money at home.

I have been doing just enough for some extra spending money, somewhere around 10-20 dollars a day.

Anyway, for those who have never heard about it: ChaCha is a search company. You apply and go through some test and they offer you a job based on your results. You get paid 20 cents per search you answer. I usually make around $9 an hour.

If anyone else is using chacha and wanted to share tips on getting faster let me know! Also, anyone interested in starting I could help you get going and send you a referral.

Also, I have a feeling I may get flamed for spam but this is legit and simple money so that is why I was sharing. I can share my pay stubs if anyone would like. Thank you! Have an awesome night!

If you are interested please PM use live4this13@gmail.com as your referrer. Then PM me for the test answers

2. MLeepson macrumors 6502

I love ChaCha!
    I text them almost everyday, whenever I have a question or need the weather.
    But sometimes I get the dumbest replies from them:
    I once got a reply that said "sugar"
    Other times thorugh, I get great answers.

I'd really like to be guide, but I'm not 18 yet...

3. l4t13 thread starter macrumors regular

Wow, sugar, yeah I love weather questions! So easy. I hate the questions like who is Ben Franklin from Miami. I can never find the answer.

4. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Hmmmm. What exactly is this? I may be interested in a little extra cash. Is it safe and legit? Please explain furthur....... Thanks!

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Here's a start.

*I don't use the service nor work for them.

6. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

Making money at home with the world's oldest profession.

cha cha

7. l4t13 thread starter macrumors regular

Hey! Awesome!

Here is the deal.

Okay so you know how 411 for a phone works? Well it is like that but text.

You apply for a Guide position and do some training stuff. If you get accepted (everyone who passes gets accepted. They just want to see your basic search abilities and attention to detail.) then you start off working.

You can work as much or as little as you want and ANY time you want. So only have 15 minutes? Log on and make a dollar or two. Anyway here is the job.

Cell phone users text you a question and you get a pop up like an im conversation.

User: Hey can I get the weather for chicago on friday?

*use their search features for answer)

you: Hello, Fridays weather will be a high of 74 and a low of 62 with a 10% chance of rain. Enjoy your day!

boom you just made 20 cents. Searches usually take me around 1 minute each.

or like this situation:

User: Can I get the number for daves pizza on broadway and 2nd in New York?

*search*

You: No problem, the number is XXX-XXX-XXXX, eat a slice for me!

Most of the searches end up being like "should I dump Jill" so you dont even have to work just reply.

8. l4t13 thread starter macrumors regular

9. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Ok thanks. Too bad I'm not 18 yet though. Dang! This may be a stupid question but it says you have to fill out a w9, what is that? And are the "acceptance tests" easy?

EDIT: about how long did you have to work to make $209?

10. l4t13 thread starter macrumors regular

The acceptance test are pretty easy. I've got the answers for anyone who wants them and will use me as a referral.

I made $45 yesterday in 5 hours. I've made $15 in an hour and a half today. The other $140 is just spread out over the last month working like an hour or two at a time.

11. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Wow, this sounds like a great little job for me. Maybe I could just put everything under my mom's name and then do it all myself......lol

12. l4t13 thread starter macrumors regular

I've read of some other people doing that. Just make sure you ask her as she has to file the taxes. It is really easy though. If I stay focused I can make 10 an hour.

13. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

What do you mean by "file the takes?" And also, what is a W9 that they ask you to fill out?

14. l4t13 thread starter macrumors regular

Should say file the taxes. Sorry, trying to work chacha and post here.

The w9 is a tax form.

15. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Ok, thats what I figured. Thanks though. As long as it is completely safe I may consider doing this.......

16. l4t13 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah it is safe, that is why i posted my stuff for everyone to see.

I was skeptical at first too. They have been featured on msnbc, cnbc, cnn, etc. So I can show you guys the articles where critics rave about it if you would like.

17. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

That would be great! I would love to see an article just to ease my "concern."

18. todd2000 macrumors 68000

Just applied, we shal see. I might as well make some use of the time I spend sitting on front of the Computer doing nothing :)

19. l4t13 thread starter macrumors regular

20. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I think I might join up. PM me with any details for referral info and whatnot

21. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Thanks for all your help l4t13. This sounds promising. Maybe I can earn a few extra bucks for that "mysterious new product" Apple seems to be working on now....lol

22. l4t13 thread starter macrumors regular

No Problem! I am glad to help anyone get set up! I would really like referrals too so if you are serious about doing it and I help ya out let me know so I can put you down.

Disclaimer: When you put me down as a referral, you join my team. What this means is I get 10% of whatever you make. That sounds bad but here is how it works. Say you make 10 dollars: 10 x .1 = 1 dollar. I would get 1 dollar and you still get your whole 10. So, it DOES NOT take away from you, it just helps me. Once you join, you are able to get people to sign up on your team and keep the trend going. Just wanted to be upfront so no one says I'm cheating anyone.

23. todd2000 macrumors 68000

24. l4t13 thread starter macrumors regular

Thats cool man I understand. If you still want the answers I will help you out anyway just pm me.

25. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

Awesome

Awesome! I'm at my computer a lot working on random things, so this would be a great way to spend my extra down time or do while i'm watching my tv programs in the evening. Sweet :) I love searching for random things too, I just applied so I hope that I can get this going! I think it would be a fun way to make money too! :)

Thanks for sharing!