Many months ago I spent 37.5% of the price of 128GB Iphone 6s to buy an android flagship

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by j2ee, Sep 29, 2015.

1. rgeneral macrumors member

you can ask the same question why people buy Benz, BMW or Audi. Other brands can do the same thing for a lot less. why?

2. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I see no reason not to buy the phone you really want as most people use their phones all day every day and find places to cut back elsewhere.

Hell, with Samsung's current phones I could even be happy with the many S6 deals I've seen but it still doesn't match the quality of the iPhone.

3. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

This is also a point I was reserving: Would I rather pay $400 for an Android phone that's worth $100 in a year or $849 for an iPhone that's worth $600 in a year? No brainer.

4. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

Luckily, I don't buy phones based on their book value market, "return" on investment, or what loses the least value after 12 months. I buy still I enjoy using and don't think about it. When you have a normal income, a couple hundred bucks one way or another isn't a big deal.

5. Hieveryone macrumors 68040

Hieveryone

Well, unless you drive a Mercedes you couldn't say. I've never had a problem impressing my dates. Also, nobody I know would be impressed if you had a 7 year old iPhone or Razr. They'd think you couldn't afford better and were poor.

6. Hieveryone macrumors 68040

Hieveryone

I stated earlier I use iPhone because it's the most fashionable and impressive phone out there. Those bulky androids have no "swag" as Generation Z likes to put it.

But other than that, iOS is BUTTERY smooth. Love it.

7. tigerfan41 macrumors regular

Yeah, I hate the attacking on both sides. Like all of Samsung's Apple bashing, or Apple's recent "if it's not an iPhone, it's not an iPhone" campaign. As if to say that the iPhone is some sort of status symbol, and that those who don't have it are somehow inferior.

I'm not a fan of Samsung's recent changes, though I do really enjoy my Note 4.

8. Abazigal macrumors G4

Abazigal

Very simple reason - 3 Android phones can't do the things I do on one iPhone.

9. j2ee thread starter Suspended

j2ee

Any example? Like you cannot just push on table during dinner time to show off?

10. Hieveryone macrumors 68040

Hieveryone

Android doesn't have iMessage. Now you tell me, how does it look to your date, sending her ugly green bubbles?

When she sees that *more-than-likely* ugly android phone she'll wonder why...

I don't get why android people buy android. Just buy iPhone. Everyone is using iPhone these days. It's the latest greatest and by far the coolest. It's fun showing off and being in. I don't see why anyone would need any more reason. Who cares about RAM and all that other stuff? Does it text? Send emails? Surf the web? That's all I care about and need.

At the end of the day, it's a PHONE. I don't see why there's so much animosity here.

11. j2ee thread starter Suspended

j2ee

You are not comparing what I describe in this topic. You can point out what a g pro 2 cannot do comparing to iphonr 6s plus.

12. j2ee thread starter Suspended

j2ee

Do you know what is whatsapp? That is nothing real iphone can do but android cannot.

13. j2ee thread starter Suspended

j2ee

There is forever support ram to download for any popular android phone.

14. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

In Europe Mercedes and BMW are considered far superior to any other cars (excluding very luxury cars like Ferrari or Porsche).

15. DoofenshmirtzEI macrumors 6502a

DoofenshmirtzEI

Oh, good one. You had me thinking you were serious for a while.

16. decafjava macrumors 68040

decafjava

Wow, it's like you haven't read any of the other posts.

17. DoofenshmirtzEI macrumors 6502a

DoofenshmirtzEI

I admit to curiosity as to why, if the above mentioned LG G pro 2 does everything an iPhone 6s can do, did the OP buy an iPhone 6s+? An interesting psychology question indeed.

18. j2ee thread starter Suspended

j2ee

My wife uses iPhone 6s+ and I use G pro 2, so both phones are at my home.

19. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

I drive a BMW I wouldn't say it draws attention to me, not when 1/3 of the cars on the road BMWs. I wouldn't say a woman driving a Mercedes is going to "impress" me either. Go take a spin through a low income housing neighborhood and let me know how many luxury cars you see.

I was one of the first people to own a Razr back in the day. I got a lot of attention for the 2 weeks that I owned it until I returned it when I realized how terrible of a phone it was. Are you seriously postulating that an iPhone draws attention to you- literally 75% of people I know own an iPhone and the people that do not prefer Androids for a variety of reasons. I have social service supported, uninsured, and homeless patients with the newest iPhones.

Quite frankly, I've found my company issued Motorola Alpha Elite PAGER a bigger conversation starter than anything. If you want to strike up a conversation with a girl, get yourself one of these-

[​IMG]

20. DoofenshmirtzEI macrumors 6502a

DoofenshmirtzEI

So why don't you ask her? Or is there disagreement, and that's why you're here?

So something I think an iPhone can do that your G pro 2 can't (and I'm not sure, so I'm asking). I can work on something on my laptop and then switch to it on my phone to go. It's called Handoff if you want to look up the particulars.

21. j2ee thread starter Suspended

j2ee

What she thinks would not represent all others in the world. You can see from my other posts that we have sent the iphone back for replacement, so all I know it is an expensive phone and I don't expect the quality is like this.

22. Sekelani macrumors 6502

Sekelani

I've given samsung a chance and used various devices on there behalf. One thing I admire is there sense of innovation. They come up with interesting designs and features but lack in quality and experience.
    Apple take there time with features and make sure it's polished thoroughly. That's why I tend to use apple

23. bunnspecial macrumors 604

bunnspecial

We're not talking about superiority-the point was made about "attention" and I'm saying that they don't stand out because there are so many of them on the road here in the US.

Car guys will notice and pay attention to an AMG or M-series, but your everyday E320 or 328i doesn't get much more than a passing glance.

BTW, I've never had a date turn up her nose at my("vastly inferior") Lincoln.

Well, I have driven a Mercedes on plenty of occasions, and for extended periods. As I said above, I've never had a date turn up her nose at my "regular" car.

The point I was making is that if you want attention, something as common as an iPhone 6 or an E class won't cut it-not even here in little po-dunk Kentucky.

BTW, I did strike up a lot of conversations with people when I had my 3gs-usually with other iPhone owners-because not that many of us(relatively speaking) had one. Like Ari, I ditched my piece of crap RAZR as quickly as I could, but I guarantee you that it would turn heads today if I got it out and started using it(I wouldn't torture myself like that)

I'm getting ready to walk over to class in about 10 minutes, and when I start lecturing would you care to guess what percentage of my class will put away an iPhone in some form or fashion and then get out a Macbook in some form.

24. Abazigal macrumors G4

Abazigal

In a nutshell, I would rather pay more for a product that I know I will enjoy using and which will serve me well, rather than pay less for a device which I won't enjoy using as much. Especially something as personal as a smartphone which will be on be virtually every waking minute at work.

Continued software support - I love being able to download updates the instant they are made available. Just today, Apple released iOS 9.0.2, and I was able to install it right after waking up in the morning. Absence of any form of carrier bloatware or branding or meddling in any way. Applecare.

Then there are the little conveniences like hardware-accelerated animations, incredibly smooth scrolling, Touch-ID, the amazing build quality, custom A-series processors, refined user experience, the new 3D-touch feature. All of which are amplified because I interact with my smartphone so frequently.

I am deeply entrenched in the Apple ecosystem, and I am happy there. My devices and services work great with one another. I like being able to use airdrop to bounce files from one Apple device to another. I love being able to make calls and SMSes using Continuity, or picking off on another device via Handoff. I love that the lucrative nature of Apple products means that there is deep support in the form of iOS-first apps and a wide variety of accessories. I love the simplicity and elegance of apps like keynote.

I am a teacher in an elementary school, and I use an Apple TV in my classroom for airplay mirroring (which I paid for out of my own pocket). I own a variety of Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, MBA), so anytime I need, I can just mirror any of my devices to the smart board via the Apple TV.

Were I more platform agnostic, I might actually consider another brand of smartphone, but as it is, I use an iPhone not only for the benefits it brings on its own, but also for the advantages of the Apple ecosystem. And my Apple devices have been rock-solid and dependable.

Yes, I pay more upfront, but they have more than paid for themselves in the form of greater productivity and fewer problems. I don't regret any of this.

25. Stamas88 macrumors member

I used to be able to do anything on a android including build roms and etc

Needless to say I jumped to a iPhone, honestly because of the lack of support for android and android phones all across the board

as far advanced compared to a iPhone that a android maybe I'm in love with the iPhone, probably almost as love as I was with android

It also always pissed me off that I could have a android with crazy specs and no matter what I always had a lag or force closing issues, not that ios doesn't force close either

I was the biggest android mark but the turning point was always having to charge my phone or switch my battery, I left because I couldn't buy a battery case because it didn't exist for my phone lol