March 24th Event still on? Possibly iPod touch/iPhone memory update / Push N. Service

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Luke1robb, Mar 4, 2009.

?

Is the March 24th event still on? If so, which products will be released there?

1. Yes

33 vote(s)
    33.0%
  2. No

41 vote(s)
    41.0%
  3. Apple 30" LED Cinema Display

17 vote(s)
    17.0%
  4. 64GB iPod Touch

15 vote(s)
    15.0%
  5. 32GB iPhone

33 vote(s)
    33.0%
  6. Push Notification Service / Background app service

36 vote(s)
    36.0%
  7. Other (Write in the comments)

4 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

Does anyone else think that the March 24th event is in fact an Apple event and is still on?

Personally, I think they'll update the iPod touch to 64GB and the iPhone to 32GB, as well as bring the Push Notification Service/Background App solution to fruition. Finally, I think that Apple will finally update the 30" Cinema Display to the new LED models. Note that Gizmodo's mystery box (http://i.gizmodo.com/5162911/what-is-inside-this-huge-mystery-box) has still not been opened. Basically that means that the product in there (obviously Apple-related) wasn't released Tuesday.

What are your thoughts?

Answer the extended poll of two seperate questions.

First, do you think the March 24th event is still on? (Yes or No, select one)

If you think the event is happening, answer which products you think will be announced.

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

I don't think there will be any event on March 24th.

3. Sayewhat macrumors member

I'll wait until the 24th to get an iPhone now. Just in case it does show up.:eek:

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

It was never "on" in the first place. How can it still be on now?

5. Theaser macrumors 6502

Theaser

It was just rumors, not going to be an event I assume. Just an announcement about upgrades or that sort of thing.

6. Luke1robb thread starter macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

Slow down! I was putting it up.

7. Luke1robb thread starter macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

Isn't that an event? I don't mean a brand new product, just refreshes, but that's an event, if they throw in the PNS or firmware update. Agree? Thoughts?

8. Luke1robb thread starter macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

Explain Gizmodo mystery box then.

How would you explain Gizmodo's mystery box then? If what is in that box was released yesterday, why wouldn't they tell everyone? Wouldn't that mean something needs to be released?

You can't ignore this. Don't just write it off.

9. aethelbert macrumors 601

No, push notifications have already been demoed/explained. There's not much to it to gather a crowd for.

Nobody sends out new products to have them sit in a huge box for a month. I question the validity of that box all together.

10. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Because it had nothing to do with Apple, nothing to do with ANY company, and they did it for ad views.

It's idiotic to think that they would get a new Apple product weeks before launch.

11. Luke1robb thread starter macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

Push notifications were explained and kind of demoed, but never released. Steve wanted to get it perfect, so I would imagine its changed a little. I think they'd want to show off the final product, don't you? They would need to explain themselves and showing off a great product would help do that.

So now you're not only questioning me, but Gizmodo? One of the reputable sites out there? Really?

12. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

If you don't believe that they're reputable, why do you believe there was something real in that box?

WOW, you just killed your own argument. :D

13. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

I agree. A giant box they claim could be from Apple... and it's Gizmodo, whom has been known for being a little more lackadaisical. I just don't think it's something realistic.

Now if it were Engadget on the other hand...

14. Luke1robb thread starter macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

Why with the apple remote, new balance shoes, and California reference? If it's for ad views, that would be really bad, I just can't believe it.

15. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

This is a website that turned off other companies' televisions at CES.

I wouldn't put anything past them.

16. Theaser macrumors 6502

Theaser

Look, Apple won't host an event just for memory upgrades or push notification. Why? Because you don't need to demo how it works, they did explain how it will work and nobody needs another demo for an application. No event. Still stubborn? Look back at Apple history for the past 9 years.

17. Luke1robb thread starter macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

What about the $20 app store? More demos of other apps other than an IMing app? Updates to 30" display, iPod touch, iPhone, new firmware. Should I continue? All of these could make an event and then some.

18. Theaser macrumors 6502

Theaser

No, No, No, No, No. Shall we have an event for a 2.2, 2.2.1 upgrade? No, you are basically saying that if one little bit of a product is altered, they would have an event. IMing apps are up to the makers to introduce, in this type of economy, I don't think Apple would like to waste so much money on events. Yes, you can continue to list all the little upgrades they can make into an event which is useless. So far, there are only events for major updates to iPods, iPhone, and Macs. Capacity upgrade does not justify for an event (Example? The Macs that just came yesterday, those things received tech upgrades and no events were out for them.). Since those Macs came out, I shall rule out the reason for an event for March 24th.

19. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Listen to me.

Apple. Introduced. A new iMac. Mac Mini. And Mac Pro. With no event.

They will NOT do an event for ANY SOFTWARE other than Snow Leopard in June at WWDC.

20. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

there not going to release a 64 gig touch or a 32 gig iphone. they dont make 32 gig flash chips yet and the iphone is too big to have two chips in it like the touch can

21. Theaser macrumors 6502

Theaser

If you're reading this from the buyer's guide, you are wrong. I think things moved on, like how the Nokia N97 will come out with a 32 GB capacity internal storage. We will see a 32 GB by the end of this year, I am certain.

22. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

How about Gizmodo's Lam and Jesus are scum of the earth with their imature behaviour at CES and their ghoulish death watch and rumor mongering of Steve Jobs?

How about that for an explanation?

23. Luke1robb thread starter macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

32GB flash chips are available and capable of putting into a touch. Case closed.

24. Theaser macrumors 6502

Theaser

Last known position of the chips: Not massively produced yet
    Misinterpretation: He said iPhone, not iPod Touch.