Marvel's Agents of Shield (TV)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Huntn, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Finally got around to watching this. Wow, it's pretty good for its debut episode. Will let it develop. :)

[​IMG]

2. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Watched first episode on Friday. My daughter liked it, but I have to be honest I think there is room for improvement. I'll stick with it for a bit though.

3. skottichan macrumors 6502a

skottichan

I liked it well enough, dialogue was a little too Whedon. I'm wondering how the dialogue tone will change after episode 4 (both Whedons will be off the show's writing staff by then, and Joss will just be Exec Producer).

I'm kinda hoping we get to see more of the evil organizations like AIM and HYDRA with this show. I'd give anything to have the doctor behind Centipede being Monica Rappaccini (AIM's Scientist Supreme and on-again/off-again love interest for Bruce Banner).

4. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

In the debut episode, Nick Fury was mentioned but no Samuel Jackson, along with mention of the Battle of New York, a direct movie tie in. I wonder if the mutant movie stars will be making brief appearances in the show, or if it is going to be show completely devoid of popular comic mutants?

5. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

6. skottichan macrumors 6502a

skottichan

I've a feeling this show will be used to "test market" characters for potential spinoffs. Would be a pretty easy way to introduce the Lensherr twins (Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver) before their Avengers 2 appearance.

I'd love to see the street level heroes like; Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Misty Knight, or even Daredevil make appearances.

Oh and to answer your question, yes, we can see the popular mutants show up. The exclusive rights for Fox (X-Men, Fantastic Four) and Sony (Spider-man) have expired, and they now only have film rights. We were supposed to have a "cameo" of the OsCorp Tower in Avengers, but with Disney legal quadruple checking the contracts, the okay to do it was too late into production.

Will we get mutants, I highly doubt it. At best, we'll see Wolverine in either an Avengers or Cap movie. Both Hugh Jackman and Kevin Fiege have expressed interest in Wolverine appearing in something.

7. elistan macrumors 6502a

Thought it was so-so. IMO the writing for Alphas was better - wittier, with better developed characters. But it's new, so I'll watch for a few more episodes in the hope there's some improvement.

8. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

Was pretty good for a first episode, hopefully it will improve and settle in nicely.

9. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

Meh, I wasn't a fan of the first episode. Way too cheesy with the jokes. It's a bunch of mediocre generic models that can't act.

Avenger appearances are expected later on as we get closer to the second movie.

10. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

There was a hint on Facebook to watch for something after the credits this week... Did I see that right? Is the SHIELD logo supposed to have an eye patch?

11. EvilQueen macrumors 6502

We are giving it a shot. Was a little lame but we are hoping it gets better.

12. rjkgr macrumors regular

i think it would be weird to have marvel agents of shield because its not the regular people but people in civilization.

13. skottichan macrumors 6502a

skottichan

I could not stop laughing at the post credits scene.

"I have the authority to bust yo ass down to a Winnebago"

14. leftywamumonkey macrumors 6502a

leftywamumonkey

It was pretty cheesy, but everyone in the show is good looking.
    I'll keep watching in hopes that it'll develop.

15. Seniordan macrumors regular

I agree, very cheesy.

16. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

The need to leave some stuff for the "fanboys" to gush over while the rest of us enjoy some decent plot development. Instead we get overt name dropping, copious references to the movies, and a few jokes that are tired after only two episodes.

I liked Phil in the movies, but I am beginning to realize what made him good in a movie is exactly what makes him a poor choice to cary a TV show. He always has been a thin character, a mystery, a foil for other characters to play off of. They need to pull him back and let the other characters develop and play off of him. Kind of like Hetty in NCIS:LA.

But hey, we're two episodes in... It had better improve. It's already reminding me of Team Knight Rider...

17. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

This second episode didn't seem very good. It was basically, "we found this thing, we're under attack, we won". Maybe it's setting up the characters for later episodes but I really didn't care for this episode compared to the first.

18. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

It's an obvious attempt to cash in on the popularity of the movies and an attempt to broaden the audience for the Marvel universe of characters. It's been fun so far, but is pretty basic in it's character development and writing. I think it's pretty much the TV version of a popcorn action movie.

19. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

I'll give it two more weeks to win me over, but the show lost some serious points in my book when they used a yellow rubber life raft to plug a hole in the side of a flying aircraft. Seriously? Come on...

20. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Yeah, I can totally buy the alien technology and super human powers, but when they did that life raft thing I thought to myself, "this has gone too far..."!

Just messin' with you buddy. ;) :D

21. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

Haha, well the aliens and superpowers are part of the show's premise, so I can accept that. But when people are being sucked out of the plane and a flimsy rubber raft flies perfectly into place and doesn't get sucked out, yeah I dunno, it's hard to swallow.

22. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I just watched that and thought the same thing.
    Still, I am interested in it and it holds my interest for now.

23. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

The episode in South America with the artifact in the Mayan (whatever it was) pyramid, was under whelming. This is becoming like every other cut-and-paste adventure show. It's giving me flashbacks to Terra Nova which had a great premise, but terrible writing and execution.

24. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Yeah. Episodes 1 and 3 were good I think. Episode 2 was pretty poor.

25. soulreaver99 macrumors 68020

soulreaver99

First episode was great but to me it when down hill afterwards. It's slow, cheesy and the actors seem confused with their roles. I am hoping this gets better.