Marware CEO Hybrid iPad 2 case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Cutwolf, Mar 15, 2011.

1. rm94quake macrumors newbie

2. Q Bert macrumors regular

Q Bert

I saw one today at the Apple Store. I was considering it in fact but still looking out if there are better ones

3. rm94quake macrumors newbie

Was this for the iPad 2? If so, how much?

FYI, the cases are different between iPad 1 and 2.

4. celo48 macrumors 6502a

How was stability at upright position? I will use a keyboard so, I don't care about the typing position when it is on my desk but tapping I will do. Can you actually tap the screen comfortably when standing up?

5. rm94quake macrumors newbie

It was great in all 3 positions including the most upright one.

I was able to type in the upright position without any problems.

6. eagleglen, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011

eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

I had this case and loved it. It was like putting armor plates on your iPad in terms of protection, without adding much bulk. And as a stand, the three horizontal positions are very stable, so you could tap on the screen confidently. But what made it stand out from other portfolio type cases, was that the iPad was attached without covering up the bezel. I'd definitely recommend it.

I actually haven't ordered one yet for my iPad 2. I'm going to see how well using just the Smart Cover, a skin on the back, and a sleeve works out. I probably will before to long. :p

7. DizzyV6P macrumors regular

DizzyV6P

I'm also waiting for the case. Although, I might go the smartcover, skin on back and sleeve route too....argh. All this wait just to be able to safely use my ipad 2. LOL.

8. Aqua Bliss macrumors 6502

How does Apple store have it when they aren't even shipping from Marware yet?!?

9. TOYOTATruck07 macrumors member

Apple Store doesn't have it either. Only for iPad 1

10. itsjustmeee macrumors 6502a

I just got this email from them this morning....

Hello,

We expect to have it available for shipping from our wbsite by the first week of April.

They should be available elsewhere shortly after that. However, you would have to contact them directly for more specific information.

Thank you for your interest in Marware products.

11. DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

Yeah, that's the same thing they told me last week. I'm assuming then that it won't be available to order until that time but I'm checking daily just in case. This is one of my 3 cases I'm looking at (other 2 being the Belkin Slim Folio and what looks to be my personal favorite Speck Pixelskin HD). I wish we had actual release dates.

12. skids929 macrumors 6502a

skids929

One thing I would point out about this case that seems to be missing is the elastic band that held the two parts together when using the hand strap feature. This was a feature on the first case for iPad 1, I cant see it on this one, maybe I am missing it.

Without this I would think the two parts could easily move in different directions. I know it does on the first without the elastic secured. For me it's between this case and the all-mighty overpriced Vaja case for iPad two. I am trying to avoid long wait times with Vaja which is a completely different case. Either way I would expect the same functionality from the first gen version of this Marware case.

13. skids929 macrumors 6502a

skids929

another detail on the Speck..There is no magnet in the foldable lid that allows for the case to take advantage of the sleep/wake function apple built in to the iPad 2. I called them and confirmed this since I like(d) this case as well. If it had that I would have went with the Speck.

14. dcmetro macrumors member

Looking forward to the cases too. Speck looks the best in looks but see some reviews before the final decision. Most likely will still buy a back cover like icarbons for times my son is playing with games. Would these fit the back covers on?

15. CK Seal Beach macrumors newbie

Actually, MarWare announced on their facebook page that it WILL have the smart cover magnet(s), and the product page is up. Looks like I finally have a winner for my case selection.

ceo-hybrid-ipad-2-case

Now, preorder from them directly or wait a little longer to save a few bucks? hmmm. :confused:

16. rm94quake macrumors newbie

That's great news! I wonder if the new case will have the elastic strap that the first gen CEO Hybrid had to keep the case open.

Also, if you sign up for Marware's newsletter through their website, you'll receive a coupon code for a 10% discount that can be used immediately.

17. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Thanks for that. Put my order in.

18. archdelux macrumors 6502

this is (almost) exactly what i've been looking for.. except the cover looks kind of ugly in the pics (with the weird reflective dots..).. was this the same in the ipad 1 case? if so, did it look ok in person or does it look just as it does in the pictures?

Ideally i would like this case but in a more low-key leather (something like the targus VuScape but with magnets: http://gadgetsin.com/uploads/2011/03/targus_vuscape_ipad_2_case_with_stand_5.jpg)

19. rm94quake macrumors newbie

The case has a carbon fiber look to it and does look similar to the photos. The design should be the same as the iPad 1's version which you could look at inside an apple store.

20. bigwinnerx macrumors member

Just put in an order from Adorama.com for $28.99. Using a TPU skin in the meantime. No word on shipping though Marware says 4/1 from them (so, no idea on 3rd parties).

I've had a sleeve, an incase book jacket (returned) and canceled a Portenzo. Hoping this is something I'll stick with for the long term.

21. Ail2011 macrumors newbie

This can be ordered now (deliver when available) at Amazon.com for $23.99. :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004R6JQV2/
    Marware C.E.O. Hybrid for iPad 2 Black (602956007722)
    Price: $23.99 & eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime
    Ships from and sold by Amazon.com

22. dcmetro macrumors member

Thanks. Just ordered this.

23. jbrady3324 macrumors regular

That is a friggin steal