Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by spyker3292, Jan 21, 2010.

1. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Who else is excited? I loved the original, and this sequel looks even better... I've got it pre-ordered, and it'll be here on Tuesday!

2. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I pre-ordered from Steam. Usually it will download a couple days before and then activate on release day. Nothing beats the PC for this sort of game ;)

3. macfan881 macrumors 68020

Would Mass Effect run well on a early 2009 Mini?

4. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Does your Mini have a 9400m with 256 megs of video ram? If yes, then yes it will run on your Mac, as that card supports Pixel shader 3.

I'm picking ME2 PC up from whoever has it locally. I was already excited about this game, but seeing them control the ship with a mouse and that it BURNS fuel, and the fact planets are fully scanable has made me freaking happy. :D

The improvements to the ship part at least is what I was hoping for in the first Mass Effect. If they add in ship battles with upgradeable ship-tech, I'll be one freaking happy mofo, but I'm not sure they've gone that far with this release.

5. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

I pre-ordered it (to get the bonus) but was too cheap to pay for overnight. I'll get it the Tuesday after it's released most likely. :eek: But I am excited, Mass Effect has recently become one of my favorite games.

6. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

If this is like Dragon Age, hopefully my friend will give me one of the pre-order cards. :eek:

I bought the soundtrack off iTunes for ME2. The music isn't bad, it's a bit somber when compared to the first. I really didn't like the music from ME until after I had played it.

7. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

Had been hoping for a Digital Download deal, I can't remember the price but I know I got something that compelled me to grab Mass Effect through Direct2Drive on pre-order ...

Guess I'll have to bite the bullet at full price unless I get a review copy (hope springs eternal ;) )

8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm not excited for it but I'll be purchasing it for the 360 and I hope to geebuz that they sorted out the freezing/loading/texture pop up the first one suffered from. I really hope they actually give us more to do on other side planets than just bland "save this guy" crap.

More Shepherd alien sex please....thanks.;)

Bless

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

EDGE magazine gave it 10/10

Hav yet to decide whether to buy on 360 or PC. If pc version can use 360 controller, original couldn't; i will buy it on that.

10. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Why would you want to take away one of the best reasons to play it on the PC... Using a keyboard and mouse.... You sir are strange :p:eek:;)

11. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

I've got Amazon Prime, free release date delivery :D

12. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

LOL priceless...these guys are goons...I bet not see any texture pop ins and freezing.

Bless

13. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

EA's advertising dollars are well spent, I see ;)

14. macfan881 macrumors 68020

Fixed :D

15. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

I really hope they fixed the lag in ME1 for 360. That was the one thing that screwed up the whole experience.

16. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

LOL... I just want best graphics with my controller. No matter what I still struggle with keyboard mouse combos. Here's why.

I'm left handed.

Controls for nearly all games are designed with keys designed for left hand with mouse on the right.

I find it gets uncomfortable after sustained play. I can't be bothered to modify all the bloody keys in every pc game either ;):p

Texture pop up is meant to be gone. Loading is lost or at least well hidden and frame-rate is greatly improved.

Not sure bout that.

However same issue (Feb) and they review Darksiders and gave it a 6/10
    I think it deserved a lot more, however they did mention technical issues as they were playing / reviewing the 360 code, but 6 ? Game is definitely an 8 at least........

The only game EDGE gave a 10/10 in 2009 was Demon's Souls. So they don't give out 10/10's likely.....

17. smwatson macrumors 6502a

smwatson

Will I need to have played the original to get this?

18. neoserver macrumors 6502

I'm totally pumped for this too! I've been doing another play-through of ME in anticipation haha.

No. ME2 will allow you to create a file from scratch without importing a previous Shepard.

19. pcypert macrumors 6502

I played through original twice and will definitely pick this one up. I liked how I could more or less play it as a shooter if I felt like it... or dig down and do some more unique stuff as well.

More Shepherd alien ORGIES please....thanks. :D

20. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

I no longer believe it's actually possible to get rid of texture pop-in on Unreal Engine games, but I'll go ahead and hope it's true. :D And if they can get it to maintain at least 30 FPS on the 360, I'll be one happy Spectre.

21. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Is it using the unreal engine this time? Or maybe like Uncharted which suffered same thing, they have likewise with Uncharted 2 either adapted/modified the engine so it's no longer an issue.

Oh.... Also there are loading screens. They got rid of the lifts which hid the loading and replaced them with glorified loading screens. However loading is meant to be reduced significantly if installed to your HDD so I'd recommend 360 purchasers do that :)

22. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

Did that with MW2, I've got space and might as well install this too. I HATED THOSE ELEVATORS.

23. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

LOL, you have the best reasoning. :D I'm so used to the the couch reply. :)

Maybe a speedpad would help out? But most are designed for left hands it seems. If only the Logitech G35 had a flippable joystick, it would probably be a good solution.

24. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

The elevators didn't bother me, but I'm probably the exception. :)

25. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

I was tempted to take a copy from the warehouse a few days ago.. (I work at BestBuy). :D

I wouldn't actually steal anything, but it's fun seeing games before they're released.

With BioShock 2 I'll have a real temptation.