Matte Black Owners - how's your lightning port holding up?

Zorrotoro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2016
I noticed the lightning port on the matte black is well black and was wondering if with normal use wear and tear will it look all scratched up?

I want to buy a Plus and am leaning towards the black (matte) but afraid the lightning port will look bad with time from use.

azukre

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2014
I noticed the lightning port on the matte black is well black and was wondering if with normal use wear and tear will it look all scratched up?

I want to buy a Plus and am leaning towards the black (matte) but afraid the lightning port will look bad with time from use.
I've been using it for about 3 weeks now, and I'm very careful when insert lightning cable to the port. So far, no scratches but not sure how long can I keep this up.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
Nearly every one I saw in store had the silver metal showing from wear. But people are rough with those

KillaMac

Suspended
May 25, 2013
When I used a dock with my 6s plus, it got banged up pretty bad. Now I just use the wire with me plugging it in. No marks on it at all. Still looks good on my 7 plus matte black.

AppleB

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2011
3 weeks today with a MB Plus no wear on the lighting port. I'm not careful with it. If it does wear off not a big deal for me.

ultra7k

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012
now that you mention it, there's a tiny hairline scratch on my matte black 7+ by the connector. I should also mention that this port seems to grab on to the lightning connector like it's holding on for dear life.