Matte Black users- happy with your choice?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Game 161, Oct 2, 2016.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Got mine yesterday and got to admit even in a clear case the colour still shines well. Don’t think I could use it without a case as it is slippery. Loving the camera already compared to my 6s plus.

How you finding it and was it worth waiting for this colour and are you glad you choose this over the the jet black for example?

2. the caveman macrumors 6502

I have matte black iphone 7 and love it. Way better than finger and scratch magnet jet black

3. BLUEBLASTER macrumors regular

BLUEBLASTER

4. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

I also like the both new colors,but i am going for the flagship color as i always do

5. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Even though I ordered the Gold 7 Plus, I have seen the Matte black in person. This would have been my second choice in color. It looks better than the Jet Black and it has a stealthy look. Very nice.

6. hellopupy, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016

hellopupy macrumors regular

hellopupy

Its as if Matte black owner's only compliment to their phone is that the jet black is subjectively flawed. The insecurity is strong with you.

And to think you spent nearly $1000 to hold a grudge, lmao.

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Well, the OP did ask "Are you glad you chose this over JB?," but that's also a matte Black owner rationalizing their purchase.

8. hellopupy macrumors regular

hellopupy

He did and yes its asking for permission from other people that they made the right choice. All this group think makes my brain hurt.

Why can't people just be content with their own purchase, whats with all the insecurity?

9. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Well first morning using my 7 plus and battery life is already better at this stage than my 6s plus which I bet would be at around 78-80% by now. At 87% left after taking it off charge at 6.20am.

10. tinenti macrumors newbie

Im a proud owner of an iphone 7 plus matte black.

I do admit that I went to the apple store yesterday and got to play with the smaller glossy black iphone 7. It really is a beautiful crafted thing that literally made me desire it. Its perfectly sized and makes any other phone seem a bit ordinary looks wise.

Then i remembered 2 very good personal reasons for not wanting it.

1. I literally freak out at scratches to my iphone. I would end up leaving it in the box just to make sure its kept nice

2. Battery life. The iphone 7 may have improved but its still pretty dire compared to my plus. I did have a brief period of using an iphone 6 with the official battery case but that just made it heavier than a plus.

Anyway im going off topic sorry.

Yes i love my choice of iphone its exactly what i need.

11. Aneres11 macrumors 65816

Aneres11

I deep down always wanted the Jet Black Plus, but was late to pre-order and ended up with a Matte Black Plus instead.

I got a hands on with a normal Jet Black (freshly unboxed) in CarPhoneWarehouse, as I work there part time and one came in for display purposes on Wednesday.
    It is absolutely gorgeous. If I could choose, it would hands down be jet black, but with the stock shortages and me only needing a 32GB model (yes, really!), it just made more sense for me to go for the MB.

But damn, jet black is jaw dropping.

12. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

Ahhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah..... ahhh, that's enough, need breath.

Hahahahhahahahahhahahahahahaha. :rolleyes:

I love the look of the JB but I'm determined to stay caseless this year and I just know that after a few weeks/months I'd probably regret it when the wear sets in. (My stupid nerve damage has a nasty habit of causing spasms when I least expect it causing my phone to, occasionally, be propelled across the room onto the floor, or a poor unsuspecting sleeping dog :D)

They're both likely to collect the same amount of damage, which to be fair hopefully won't be much, but that lovely glossy finish will show it up a lot easier. So it's matte for me this year. If they can toughen up that JB finish for next year (assuming we're not back to glass) I'll be all over it like stink on *word I can't say, rhymes with pit* :cool:

13. Glene macrumors 6502

Yes ,but I really don't care what color it is, every phone I've ever owned is put in a credit card case so the color is a nonissue. Advantage is when I go to buy a new gen iPhone I can get whatever they have in stock, And Not worry about all this jet black versus Matt black nonsense.

14. 576316 macrumors 601

Which is what? Silver? Cause the 'flagship' iPhone has been black since pretty much the beginning.

15. Applefan4515, Oct 2, 2016

Applefan4515 Suspended

Applefan4515

I love my matte black 7 plus. The JB is cool but not for me, for reasons other than scratches. Things scratch, it's inevitable. I'm just not a fan of shiny things. I got the sport watch over the, what is it watch edition? Purely because it's matte and not shiny. As much as I like the look of the jet black, it just looks cheap to me. Something to do with the shinyness of it.

16. the caveman, Oct 2, 2016

the caveman macrumors 6502

What did you say? I don't think I understood any of that. Was there a point you were trying to make?

I wasnt justifying or rationalizing anything to no one. OP asked a question and i answered, if you saw that as me trying to justify something well then thats too bad. Also, i happen to like matte black regardless of what others think. Holding a grudge? What? Im not sure if you are speaking the same language i am. Just keep "lmaofing"

I do have tmobile JOD.

17. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

I always chose the new color over the other colors,last year it was rose gold and this year i am going for the jet black color

18. MacTechnics macrumors 6502

Less than a year to go until the iPhone 8, which will be more jaw dropping than this poorly manufactured jet black 7. I think Apple thought of the color late in the development process and didn't have enough time to design it in a more durable manner. Also explains why they can't mass produce it quick enough. The rumors were all about a blue color, so when that was scrapped they probably thought of this. This jet black is basically a test run to see what the demand would be and now they know. Plus, I'm sure Apple used this finish as a way to make this phone "look" like a new design when it's not really a new design at all. Beautiful phone but it's so impractical. Apple warns you to put a case on it if you're OCD. Ok, that's not a problem. BUT...then people have scratched it PUTTING a case on? Doing exactly what they were supposed to do? LOL you gotta be kidding me. I'm sure Apple will get this finish right next year and make it way more scratch resistant, since now they know it's popular. The matte black is exactly what the slate iPhone 5 finish should have been and now they got it perfect. It's so stealthy and awesome. Apple's stock photos of it make it look grey and it's not grey at all. I wish I could buy a car in this same exact color, LOL.

19. TJ82 macrumors 6502a

TJ82

Who knows. Stuck an Apple leather case over it. What difference.

20. imlovinit macrumors 6502

imlovinit

I was going to order JB but went with matte and couldn't be happier with the color pick. It's gorgeous IMO.

21. MattZani, Oct 2, 2016

MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Honestly, the JB is the better choice, it's just gorgeous, and way more grippy. But I don't think I could ever relax about that finish, and I'd be constantly polishing it and checking it. I'm happy with my MB for every day use.

Of course I'll regret this choice when I drop my MB and my friends JB is only slightly marked.

22. HarryWild macrumors 6502a

HarryWild

Anyway you look at it, JB is the most desired color this year for the iPhone 7 models. Buyers who could not wait brought it on eBay for huge premiums over retail price!

23. Appleloves22 macrumors 6502

Appleloves22

I have MB but only because I didn't want to wait for JB. I love my MB, but my first choice will always be the JB. But I can wait until next year to upgrade.

24. Gr81MB macrumors 6502

Gr81MB

Sent mine back and got JB going to live a little

25. AppleWarrior macrumors member

AppleWarrior

Matte black looks awesome. Stealthy, solid, perfect. I don't like shiny things. The only difference between the matte black and the jet black is that the jet black is shiny. This difference also adds to more fingerprints and scratches. There is no insecurity, I just prefer to have a stealthy black iPhone, without fingerprints everywhere, and doesn't scratch easily.

Seems to me the insecurity is with those like you who purchased Jet Black, and are now regretting it.

Enjoy your phone.