Maxfield - Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by sleepyking, Apr 23, 2015.

1. sleepyking macrumors 6502

Anyone going to try to get one at 9am tomorrow?
    I realize this only applies to SoCal residents, but just curious if it's worth a shot trying to get from there.

2. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

If I thought there was a chance of getting a 42mm Space Black SS I would make the drive, but that seems pretty unlikely.

3. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

Since they're a boutique, I wonder if they'll even bother stocking the Sport. I've already got my 42mm SG Sport ordered, but I'm in the mid-May bracket.

Edit: Just called and they said they don't know the exact inventory, but they will likely have the Sport. Maybe I should make a trip.

4. sleepyking thread starter macrumors 6502

Do you think people will actually get there at 7ish or even camp out? I just don't see that happening for that particular area. But I'm probably wrong

5. bluecow macrumors regular

Considering it is the only store in the entire city of tech and apple fans, I am not going to bother going anywhere near there tomorrow.

Should be an interesting spectacle and will make for nice video for Apple in the absence of lines at their own stores...but I can't fathom supply will come close to matching demand. If I'm wrong...well, that's one more watch for those who will go.

----------

It will be quite interesting how the area handles the crowds...but I suspect a ton of fans that are annoyed they didn't get their watch shipped on release date will show up.

According to the website, and supposedly some calls...they will be carrying the sport watch.

6. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

I just got off the phone with them. Their switchboard has been blowing up with calls about the Watch all week and they already have a line. It's going to be a zoo and I'm sure that they will have way more people lined up than they will have Watches. It's the only place in So Cal that you will be able to buy one tomorrow, so it will be insane to even try to go there.

This store is in the heart of the 2nd most populous city in the USA with about 15Mil people in the metropolitan area.

7. sleepyking thread starter macrumors 6502

If anyone goes please post your experience

----------

Only place in the entire U.S. Is what I read

8. djuzi macrumors member

Yup. I wonder if Angela is cringing at these line of Apple nerds at at high fashion boutique lol

[​IMG]

9. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

I get off work late tonight, I could go camp out over night, haha. But I think my wife would kill me if I did that.

10. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Yes, you are correct. I was thinking there was one in NY.
    Seeing as how there are probably more Apple stores per capita here than anywhere else, there will be a big herd-o-nerds descending on that store.

11. KPOM macrumors G5

I'm sure this and other forums would have blown up, but I wonder if Apple had to do it over again, if they would have told these boutiques to keep it quiet and not announce in-store availability until a coordinated time (say 8:00am in LA tomorrow, which is 5:00pm in Berlin) specifically to avoid lines.

12. bluecow macrumors regular

Maxfield wants the spectacle. Apple wants the spectacle. I'm a firm believer everything like this is planned for a reason.

Maxfield gets a large new customer base of people who have never heard of the store before, and are willing to shell out hundreds or thousands on the spot without any sales staff.

Apple gets news coverage and video they wouldn't have because they aren't stocking their own stores. Everyone wins...well, except for the 15th person in line who waits all night to find out they don't have the watch they want left in stock.

13. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

If she doesn't kill you, then someone else just might. :D
    That's a pretty rough part of town to spend the night in.

14. sleepyking thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow thanks for sharing that. Well I guess no point in hoping to go early tomorrow lol

15. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

Shoot, you're right, I should just go rob all the suckers standing in line! I'll be rich and then I can afford an Edition watch! ;)

16. theConvinced macrumors member

I have a task rabbit heading out tomorrow at 5am to line sit depending how many people he finds there. If to many im only out the hour minimum. If less than my set number I'll head up and take my place :) :apple:

17. J4B3 macrumors regular

J4B3

18. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I wonder if maxfield will require customers to have some sort of loyalty card with them for purchase or if most of the watches have been spoken for by their regular clients. It'll be interesting to see how this turns out because the way the people in line are dressed does not match their clientele.

19. KPOM macrumors G5

Exactly. I don't see it ending well.

20. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I mean this is an extremely high end boutique where most of LA's celebrities shop. A shirt there is literally the price of a watch. I can also see them restricting entry because of a "private event" for members only. Kinda like when stores close entry to regular customers when a celebrity shows up.

21. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

Only place in SoCal? Try... only place in North or South America.

22. caramellhoney macrumors 6502

caramellhoney

Think they will take an order over the phone?

23. fs454 macrumors 65816

I'm about 78th in line. Right near the end.

Hoping this is going to pay off!

24. bixizero macrumors regular

25. fs454 macrumors 65816

Holding strong at about 80-90 right now. It's cooooold out here.