Mayweather v Pacquiao fight

oldhifi

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
USA
anyone watching the fight tonight? I guess I will miss it too much money for me, $100

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
I have no interest in watching boxing, UFC, etc.
I'm with you here.

As a kid, I was into wrestling, but that was in the 80s. When it went "extreme" and got really bloody/gory, they lost me. So boxing, UFC, MMA.. none of it appeals to me.

BL.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I guess Floyd doesn't like people talking about his abusing ways.
http://www.businessinsider.com/rachel-nicols-michelle-beadle-mayweather-fight-2015-5
Just hours before Saturday night's long-anticipated fight between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao, both Rachel Nichols of CNN and Michelle Beadle of ESPN and HBO announced on Twitter that they've been "banned" from the fight.

While they didn't explain the reason for the alleged ban, they've both been prominent in the discussion on Mayweather's history of domestic violence.

Beadle and Nichols posted the news within minutes of each other, with both claiming that Mayweather's camp — which is the lead promoter of the fight through Mayweather Promotions — was responsible for the decision.

Gutwrench

Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
...Mayweather is pretty smart
I agree. Smart enough to avoid anyone good when in their prime.

----------

I'm with you here.

As a kid, I was into wrestling, but that was in the 80s. When it went "extreme" and got really bloody/gory, they lost me. So boxing, UFC, MMA.. none of it appeals to me.

BL.
When did collegiate or USA Wrestling ever get bloody/gory?

TexanMan05

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2008
The irony that people will pay millions to see two people beat each other up at the same time protests are going on to end violence in our streets.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Westmere
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Fight of the century? I think the fan who tried to get a selfie with Tyson at the weigh in was a bigger bout. Outside of core boxing fans, nobody I know has even mentioned this fight.

Gutwrench

Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
Fight of the century? I think the fan who tried to get a selfie with Tyson at the weigh in was a bigger bout. Outside of core boxing fans, nobody I know has even mentioned this fight.
Boxing like tennis, swimming, hockey, judo, taekwondo, running, wrestling, and MMA are all niche sports. They typically draw former and current competitors and their families. Nothing much new there, I think.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Boxing like tennis, swimming, hockey, judo, taekwondo, running, wrestling, and MMA are all niche sports. They typically draw former and current competitors and their families. Nothing much new there, I think.
Hockey isn't a niche sport.

turtle777

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
I, too, thought I couldn't care less.

But then I tried really hard, and I cared even lesser.

-t

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.