MBA KB on a MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by schmidt190, Jul 16, 2008.

?

would you like the MBA KB on the MBP?

1. Love it

35.7%
  2. Hate it

37.3%
  3. whatever..

27.0%
  1. schmidt190 macrumors member

2. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

hate it.

It's a novelty that isn't really needed IMO. I like the MBP keyboard as it is...very easy to type.

3. schmidt190 thread starter macrumors member

i agree, the current keyboard is the deal

4. kabunaru Guest

Looks so much better than the current MacBook Pro to me.
    The current MacBook Pro keyboard looks outdated compared to this.

5. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

Well, I don't know. I still type better on my MBP and PBG4 than I do on my iMac's slim aluminum keyboard (which more or less has the same type of keys as the MB/MBA).

One keyboard I do miss a lot is the Onyx-colored one from the TiBook. Sexy. Plus, it was easy to replace because it lifted away by unscrewing the twist lock and releasing two small tabs.

Now if they could put an Onyx-colored keyboard on a MBP and keep the design the same as current with backlighting, I'd be in love.

6. Yixian macrumors 65816

7. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Really?

I see those chicklet keys and I see new fangled excessive accessories, that kind of lose their charm and initial glamor after a month or so.

The MBP keyboard looks dare I say: like an elitist keyboard...something like the famed thinkpad keyboards that you can get only if you shell out the $$ for that model. Makes them all the more special because they belong to the MB pro.

8. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

9. BlackMax macrumors 6502a

BlackMax

If only those chicklet keyboards were as nice to type on as the Thinkpad keyboards. I have a Macbook and I like the keyboard alright, but I have a T61 at the office and love the Thinkpad keyboard. I really like the feedback, travel and slightly curved tops of the keys on the Thinkpad keyboard.

10. Pickoff macrumors member

11. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

The thing I don't like about the chicklet keyboard on the MBP pictured is how they put the keys on the wrong way.

12. schmidt190 thread starter macrumors member

their purposely on backward cuz its a photoshop. idk exactly why, i didnt make it.

13. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

14. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

what happens happens...

i dont really like the feel much, but then again i hate almost any laptop, i have to use an external KB

15. ivnds macrumors 6502

ivnds

Almost loving it. Needs a casing refresh, loose the gray plastic trimmings, curved corners like the air/iphone, loose the latch! bigger trackpad and we're good to go.

I do prefer this style of keyboard, feels more solid in some way, less squeaky, I can't stand the squeaking, and the weird silver pieces above the <home and end> keys.

16. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

17. LinMac macrumors 65816

I could do with the new keyboard and the upgraded trackpad. The rest of the changes are incidental and won't effect my purchasing decision one way or another.

I just purchased a Macbook Air and I have to say I love the keyboard (I use the bluetooth keyboard with a Mac Mini on a daily basis and I've owned a Macbook Pro with the current style keyboard for over a year).

18. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

G-d, I hate those keys; I bought an Aluminum keyboard and man I hated how crappy it was, not to mention how expensive as well... Too bad I can't return it now.

19. kingshrubb macrumors regular

kingshrubb

Same it's fine with me I think it looks cool. I just hope it's as easy to type on

Btw since yesterdays forum maintenance the whole screen flickers to the macrumors top-left logo every time I type a letter on my iphone :(

20. lego8 macrumors regular

lego8

I don't like the texture of the MBP KB. Also, oils are very noticeable on the keys. That's why I use an iSkin.

Anyway, I don't think the keys can be plastic like the MBA's because of the fiber optic lighting.

21. Whorehay macrumors 6502a

Whorehay

I like it. I have the new style keyboard and don't find it at all bad.

22. ivnds macrumors 6502

ivnds

Oh so the shiny keys are normal, I have to clean those often, or they smudge my screen.

The MBA has backlighting on its keys aswell, so no problem there. Plus the MBP's keyboard is plastic, squeaky plastic.

23. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

Yup, but i like black keys for some odd reason....

ChrisN

24. ivnds macrumors 6502

ivnds

'Cause we all wanted a G4 powerbook when we we're little and didn't get it. :)

25. schmidt190 thread starter macrumors member

what if it was the normal MBP keyboard, just painted black?