MBP 2011 : March 11th

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MPB11, Feb 7, 2011.

  1. FriarNurgle macrumors regular

    FriarNurgle

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2011
  2. Funkymonk macrumors 6502a

    Funkymonk

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2011
    #3
    Can I come too?
     
  3. greytmom macrumors 68040

    greytmom

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2010
    #4
    Yay, I think I'm the first to point out that there is already a thread for this!

    <preen>
     
  4. articcine macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2010
    Location:
    Lillehammer, Norway
    #5
    Wow..
    I really hope this is true, it will be awesome.. I just _can't_ wait!
     
  5. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

    JoJoCal19

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2007
    Location:
    Jacksonville, FL
    #6
    Please keep the unibody and add a high res screen and i3 (or i5) to the 13" please and thanks! :cool:
     
  6. Kauai macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2010
    #7
    And it's going to go out of stock six months afterwards? :rolleyes:

    *Not convinced*

    Unless I'm missing something. Does Apple do a second update around then? Though I hardly believe Best Buy would have dates that far along.
     
  7. greytmom macrumors 68040

    greytmom

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2010
    #8
    That's probably some sort of default.
     
  8. hcho3 macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    May 13, 2010
    #10
    I thought it was going to take longer than that...
    Sandy Bridge processor needs more time to fix...
    But, again. I will be happy to see new MBP. However, I doubt the will do anything major redesigns. They will finally drop Core 2 Duo.
     
  9. altecXP macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2009
    #11
    BB was off my a whole month last time. Why would they be more accurate this time?
     
  10. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

    ECUpirate44

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2010
    Location:
    NC
    #12
    Did we need another thread? As said before, BB was only off by a month last time. :rolleyes:
     
  11. crusader22 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2011
    #13
    Great news!
    Where is the other thread where this is being discussed?
     
  12. DeViAnThans3 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2010
    Location:
    Belgium (Europe)
    #14
    Right here ;)
     
  13. crusader22 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2011
    #15
    Awesome, thanks.
     
  14. aaps59 macrumors regular

    aaps59

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2010
    Location:
    NY
    #16
    Id appreciate it to be a bit thinner, make sure Apple kicks all the bugs out of it that this generation has such as drive issues, logic board issues etc. I cant wait for this to happen. My only problem is Im not quite sure how to sell the current MBP I have. :confused:
     
  15. Tshapi macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2007
    #17
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

    Has any one stopped to think the march refresh is actually ipad related
     
  16. crusader22 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2011
    #18
    Retail price on that inventory is 1199.99. Would be pricey for an ipad right?
     
  17. mlynchmob16 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2010
    Location:
    Dublin, OH
    #19
    The Best Buy SKU image says Apple mobile computer with a price of $1,199.99. There is another photo on 9to5mac with the price showing

    Edit: haha beat me to it crusader
     
  18. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

    aznguyen316

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2008
    Location:
    Tampa, FL
    #20
    Intel said they will begin shipping troubled hardware still for those that will be unaffected.. meaning such laptops etc that will not use the SATA ports that are problematic.

    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704422204576130703210300250.html?mod=googlenews_wsj
     
  19. greytmom macrumors 68040

    greytmom

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2010
  20. Erasmus macrumors 68030

    Erasmus

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2006
    Location:
    Hiding from Omnius in Australia
    #22
    The article also mentions that the new, fixed chipsets should start shipping mid February. Considering Apple will have to wait until the end of Feb to unveil new MBPs anyway for the dual SB launch, I'm starting to think this hiccup may not affect our waiting times all that much after all.

    Mid March release FTW! Brand new 17" MBP, 32GB iPt, and a new printer!!! Bring it Apple!
     
  21. Cheerwino macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2011
    Location:
    S.C.
    #23
  22. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

    aznguyen316

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2008
    Location:
    Tampa, FL
    #24
    You're welcome.

    basically what Apple could do if the supply of fixed SB mobo's are not available. I mean all current Macbooks only use two SATA ports anyway.
     
  23. Erasmus macrumors 68030

    Erasmus

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2006
    Location:
    Hiding from Omnius in Australia
    #25
    If so, the MBP's won't be as good as they could be, unless Apple scraps the optical drive.

    The next MBPs ought to get blade SSDs as well as a traditional HDD. So unless Apple puts both ODD and HDD on the same SATA 3 port (which I'm not sure if it's possible or not) or kills one altogether, we might have problems.
     

Share This Page