MBP buying advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by vitaminz, Jan 17, 2010.

  1. vitaminz macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2010
    Location:
    Cardiff
    #1
    Hi, I'm very torn on what to do at the moment in relation to purchasing a 13 inch Macbook Pro.

    I want it mostly to do work on the go for the final year of my course this year, as trying to work on my tiny 10 inch netbook (which is faulty so I can't use it) or my very old and bulky 15 inch laptop is painful at best. There's not much of the year left, so I'd like to buy it as soon as possible so I'm able to work on the go.

    With the rumours of new Macbook Pro's due out soon, I'm of course trying to avoid buying one right now. However, with the rumours that the 13 inch will receive very little upgrades, and if it is upgraded to a Core i5 it'll have an even worse GPU, I'm seriously contemplating taking the plunge and buying now.

    If I did indeed buy one Tuesday/Wednesday (I guess there's a very slight chance of a refresh coming this week), I've heard of an exchange program if Apple release a new one...if this did indeed happen, how much would it cost me for the exchange, and how long would I have for the exchange? Is it even worth it?

    Thanks
     
  2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

    thegoldenmackid

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2006
    Location:
    dallas, texas
    #2
    I think that it is wrong to assume that the 13" won't receive some sort of updating. Sure, it won't be major – but it would be odd for Apple to leave it alone, given that the difference between it and the MacBook are so minimal right now.

    As for the "exchange program." It depends on where you are. In the U.S. Apple gives you fourteen days to return the item. If the item is open you have to pay a restocking fee of 10%.

    As for the rumors:

    Many other threads have covered this issue. Searching might provide more insight about the exact date, as well as the following threads:

    The following thread will have by far the most information in it:
    The unofficial "I'm Waiting for Arrandale" thread...
     
  3. Habitus macrumors 6502a

    Habitus

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2009
    Location:
    Where ever my life takes me...
    #3

    If you're that concerned about a restocking fee, just wait. Also, you cannot return any upgraded Macs purchased through the online store.

    Just wait a week.

    Habitus :apple:
     

Share This Page